Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Saw that. Looks to be an all new tooling. I'm not sure they've got the shapes right (shouldn't the top hump be a bit taller for example?) yet but it's sure looking interesting. I have faith. :)

I've not seen a repop of the old IMAI kit in decades. I'm expecting some good stuff here.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
According to an earlier picture of the prototype released the model also comes with some of the various hardware that was stored/deployed in the front tubes-

I am not worried about the accuracy in this subject- Aoshima has proven itself with the Thunderbird 3 kit- a subject just about everyone gets wrong in detail and proportions.
I have another TB-4 kit, I forget who produced it, but it is the only large sale replica I have seen until now (most others were sized to go with the TB-2 Pod). That kit is so far off I keep setting it aside, it would take a lot of work and resculpting to get it close to what we see on the screen. Aoshima does it's research and I am confident this new kit will be well worth the money...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Richard,

Bandai had a larger version. I completed it a couple of years ago. It's OK, the cockpit is non-existent and the decals fell apart, so I created my own decals.

I'm looking forward to this new kit.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Love that build!
I don't know who made the kit I have buried in the closet of doom but it looked like they based it on a single view and got all the shapes wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts