Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:wave: Dear all:

Started my "HilllBilly Hotrod" project that I picked up several shows ago.Needed rear fenders so I cut off piece of flat sheet stock & took two dremel sanding barrel's ,shaped it & superglued it to the body.Finaly used this set of hobby clamps I bought years ago from Avon.still has to set but I just need some more dremeling & shape work.Here is a picture.I am sure that this can be useful to you guys

Neal :dude:

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Neal! Super sweet idea, mate! I can't wait to try it out! I have a chassis that I am (trying) to drop the axle on and an old hotty bod that could use some fenders, eh!

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Rear fenders done-now on to completion

:wave: The Rear fenders are done ! Here are some pics to show how the rest was completed. Damn ! I wish I bought that set of HO barnyard animals a few shows ago ! :rolleyes: A few chickens or goats would have looked super in the back seat !

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
I smell mash a-cookin'

volvo1:1 said:
:wave: The Rear fenders are done ! Here are some pics to show how the rest was completed. Damn ! I wish I bought that set of HO barnyard animals a few shows ago ! :rolleyes: A few chickens or goats would have looked super in the back seat !

Looks like leaving the saddle between the fenders will add some needed support! I'll file this great idea away for future use. I used a similar technique to mount AFX model A fenders to a hot rod roadster. It never dawned on me to adapt the trick for sheet styrene. :rolleyes: How about a Still, some jugs of Shine, and a couple of shotguns if you cant come up with some critters? :drunk: Bill

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
An interesting concept, Neal-

I usually try and find a DC w/plastic fenders for my fendered projects, but this make it look a lot easier.

Thank you for the great tip! :thumbsup:

Cheers..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts