Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in the new Forever 64 and 40th Anniversary sets in the store today. No whites, but did get some cool new cars, including three BWFs!

70 Dodge Challenger R/T
65 Ford Mustang (very cool paint job, but really?? Another 65 Mustang??)
80 Chevy Malibu - new casting gets the BWF treatment right out of the gate!

Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Happy New Year, Mike!:hat::wave:

Yup, looking forward to acquiring the new BWFs. Been getting full sets of the 40 Years cars but I'll only be picking up what I like from the Forever64 line (at least what I can find!)

Yeah, it would be nice to see some castings given the BWF treatment that haven't gotten it before, but at least they did it to the new Chevelle.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Don't know about anyone else, but I want to see the Packard Caribbean given the BWF treatment. The Plymouth Fury too, for that matter. Plus the Hudson Hornet is wayyyyy overdue as a candidate for a BWF :wave:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Hornet should have been done several times by now, totally agree. Any of the old 50's era cars would look cool in BWF.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
A BWF Hudson? Absolutely!! But, to me anyway, the Packard is a very classy car. This particular car should not be flamed. (I hope I don't get kicked out of the BWF Brotherhood:confused::eek:)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
A BWF Hudson? Absolutely!! But, to me anyway, the Packard is a very classy car. This particular car should not be flamed. (I hope I don't get kicked out of the BWF Brotherhood:confused::eek:)
You have a good point concerning the Packard, Mark. My first thought was similar while thinking about some of the typical, or overly simplistic flames we've seen at times. My second thought, envisioning the potential of the car flamed with a bit of finese, sort of over rided my first impulse. On reading your words in print, however, I must agree with you--at least by way of about 98% On the other hand, we've seen fairly classy cars (or at least car i would've called difficult candidates) flamed in the past. I would've probably had reservations about flaming the '58 Belvedere. And the 62 Bel Air, and even the recent Malibu don't seem like typical candidates in my book. That Malibu still looks awkward to me, though I haven't seen it up close yet. So I suppose I'm going to sum up my own thoughts, however conflicted, by saying it greatly depends on what you do with any car. Respect it shape, it's lines, and make sure whatever you add to it, ADDS TO IT--gives it some pizzaz. Otherwise leave well enough alone. I love those BWFs, but we really don'y need another "Swamp Gas" (hats off to Swifty for coining that term) GTO, Ford vans with streamers mixed with flames, or God forbid...a packard that looks like a kid picked up a can of paint and dumped it over the hood, then doodled flame shapes with their fingers. That's no reflection on some of LCs recent flame designs, BTW :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts