Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to let folks know that a new SPEC type class is being started at Carolina RC Speedway in Easley, SC as the thread title says. The racers at Carolina really love the 8.0 breakout Nastruck class and many have been wanting a "hybrid" type class that would provide an easier option than the highly competitive 13.5 class, but still have "real racing" and not breakout. We wanted a class that would provide a decent speed and take as many variables out as possible to provide a level playing field for everybody. What we all came up with as a group is what we are calling our IROC class. The rules have been set as the following:

-everybody runs the same HPI Camaro SS body with supplied wing
-fixed endbell timing Trinity 17.5 Monster Horsepower motors
-Reedy 4000mah LIFE battery packs
-fixed gear ratio of 2.00 (for set up purposes two choices of 88/44 or 96/48 may be run)
-ESC with no timing option or in blinky mode
-no reciver packs / battery heating / motor cooling
-BSR SPEC radials only
-we had sign ups for colors and numbers so the field would have as many different colors and cool look as possible. Robbie B in the Hobby Connection is making decals for all the cars with the drivers name and number to go on the cars (like the real IROC series). 25 drivers signed up for the class the first meeting we had!

Two of us have run our set-ups per the rules above and the cars ran well. We estimate speeds to be in the 6.9 range (~370 ft track). Motor temp was great at 125 degrees.

Link to the Carolina RC Speedway for more detail:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/carolinarc/messages/?msg=6520.1

What do you guys think? Hope some / many of you can come and join us!

Ron

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
David, interesting class. One question with regard to the Reedy 4000 LiFe battery, I went to the AE site and was unable to find that battery, is it a "to be availble" item?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ron,

As far as I know those are readily available. Our local hobby shop carries them. If there were to be an issue getting them we would of course find an alternate of the same type (Life) with the same voltage and capacity.

I'm Ron too by the way-david7500 is just an odd screen name.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Two Ron's don't make a right, ha sorry I really couldn't resist. I'm excited about this class. Even if you don't love the rules, you have to love the fact that on a weekly level...20-something drivers were interested in this. That's what I'm talking about!!!!

-Robbie Burgess

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Robbie we are excited about it too. Should be mucho fun. When do you think you will have yours race ready? We should have enough to run some this Saturday...

Ron

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I'm looking forward to it myself fellas.

I'm just waiting to get my "Name and Number and Sponcer" Decal set. Then they will look way cool on the track. With the looks of these cars and everyone running the same bodies and decals but with their assigned colors and numbers its gonna look very cool. Like a realistic Scale downed version of IROC. Its gonna be a blast.

Hoping to get on the track with these things real soon.

Josh Bryant
#51-Copper-Iroc SS Camaro :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah Robbie we are excited about it too. Should be mucho fun. When do you think you will have yours race ready? We should have enough to run some this Saturday...

Ron
I will have it ready soon...I scheduled a bunch of Saturdays in October to get caught up at work so it put me behind the 8 ball on racing stuff but Chris's car will be ready in the next two weeks or so.

-Robbie

HEY JOSH,

Looking good my friend. I can't wait to see em run on track!

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I will have it ready soon...I scheduled a bunch of Saturdays in October to get caught up at work so it put me behind the 8 ball on racing stuff but Chris's car will be ready in the next two weeks or so.

-Robbie

HEY JOSH,

Looking good my friend. I can't wait to see em run on track!
Thanks Robbie, I caint wait either. I think this is going to be a very fun class.

On the subject of the batteries, if those particular batteries are indeed "discontinued" dont worry. Like David7500 (Ron) said the Life batteries will be subbed for other approved Life batteries of the same secifications.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Says that the Reedy 4000 life packs are discontinued. Had a hobby shop call them today to see what they costed. Let me know if Im wrong.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks Dodgerc74-- King is thinking of doing a class very close to the way it is going to be run at Easley. Got to talk to Greg at track Sunday about getting it closer to the way it will be run there. They want to run wide open up there and it showes in carnage on track.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
IROC was always some of the best racing back in the day.Best of Luck
at CRCS with the new class. :thumbsup: Wish the track was closer........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts