Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would LOVE to see these in .020 or .030 Lexan! (Hint, hint...!)

New Mustang Late Model:

New Camaro Late Model:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The ASA bodies are made out of polyeprhene/plastic ( cant spell it LOL )
You'd be surprised what you can fix with large headed rivets, aluminum sheet and duct tape. Besides its a short track series, the cars look even better with some doughnuts and extra rivet heads.

·
Registered
817 Posts
So I'm thinking

So I'm thinking ditch the truck bodys, insert Ford/Chev/Dodge body same tires/batts/mtrs etc and let the big dogs eat! 17.5 Sportsman class :dude:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Myself Gary,I like Richs' idea.Probably more about having more than one choice.
From your end it's alot tougher to hope the market will grab ahold of them I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
The new ASA bodies look cool. Not as aerodynamic as the current ASA style.(our body pictured below) Wish more Pan Car racers showed an interest in this racing than just Nascar.
I am with you on this Gary. This is just a hobby and many raceres like the real cars that are raced in their area (exp. SK in the northeast). Not to memtion the rivalry with brands that people like. To do this would only get racers upset about to many classes. Sometimes it is not having a class for you to win, but participate in a hobby with cars styles you admire.

Now do not get me wrong I do think that there is a need for trying to create a set of standard rules for motor, battery, and other items as Tour is trying and ROAR did for years.

The real question is where is the middle ground between hobbest racer and hard core competator. I just do not know how competation can grow without racers as a hobby to help support events.

This is just my opinion
I could be wrong
It has happened

·
Registered
194 Posts
well stockcar racing in general was mainly started on the short tracks in the south back in the day on dirt... i've seen theses bodies up close going to be nice to see pony cars racing on short tracks again.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I like gary's ASA Latemodel body. I had a series going with them last year on the touring car chassis.
Here you go gary. We race'em and we love'em Oh by the way keep making them We are moving over to pancars with'em They work really well and they take a beating. Thanks gary for the awesome ASA bodies.

·
Registered
827 Posts
You've heard the expression "all politics are local". Well, it's my beleif that all racing should be local....meaning you should race what you want at your local races and not worry about the national rules....until you get to a national event.

Just like D&D...those late models look great! You've got me Buffalo-ed on those Sprint Cars though. Looks British to me.

Don't get me wrong, I think the new ASA cars are cool, and I'd make some if the Pan Car racers had an open mind. Might anyway! lol

Gary McAllister

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
In 1987 when I started the track was not even running stock/NASCAR style bodies. It was the ASA Cameros and Mustangs. Only at a national event were the NASCAR bodies required. The fast class used late model dirt bodies on the carpet. Gary your LM Corvette was the hot ticket.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Didn't mean

Didn't mean to start an anti rules thread, I love my nastruck but I'd love that chassis with those rules and a Stang asa bod....maybe in 2011 tour would consider it. I know our LHS has all they can do to keep up with all the rules and changes (escs) Rich Hammond :dude:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know what you mean about the rules. If it was up to me, I'd run the classes in progression from bottom to top, with appropriate body styles and "horsepower":

17.5/1S ("Late Model"):
These particular ASA-style, along with current "ABC" short track (i.e., McAllister type) Late Model body styles. Absolutely no wings; spoilers only. 17.5 motors, limit battery to 4000mAh/30C, limited ESC. Limited to three compounds of tires.

13.5/1s ("Truck"):
Truck body, no rear cut outs, spoilers only. Open ESC. Battery limited to 5000mAh. Limited to three tire compounds.

13.5/1s SK/open-wheel Modified:
SK style chassis, no shock/spring for center/rear suspension. Damper only. No rear wings, spoiler only. No rear body cutout. Limit to three tire compounds.

10.5/1s ("Nationwide" - or whatever is second-tier in NA$CAR...LOL):
Nationwide/Busch (current stock car) body styles. Wings allowed. Open ESC. Open battery. Limited to three tire compounds.

7.5/1s ("Sprint Cup"):
CoT body style, limited to original-style rear wing, mounted to body only. Open ESC, open battery, open tire rule.

Myself, I'd run those Late Model cars if the bodies were offered for the class I wanted to run. I *LOVE* short track Late Model racing, a helluva lot more than I even like NA$CRAP...LOL...just no body style offered for the class I have to run (i.e., can afford to run) right now.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Gary the british looking sprint cars Are F-1 Brisca stock cars that run in england and Holland. I believe the club I'm with is the only club in the U.S.
The chassis is steel and these cars are able to knock into each other. They are belt drive and use a .21 engine. My wing on (119) is set up more dutch where it is angled in two directions. These things weigh a ton. but are pretty fast. there is about 6 or 7 of us and no one is complaining about who is faster. The chassis differ in some ways as well as the motors and there all still so close. The real ones run either 4cyl. or 8cyl.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts