Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
RobDog said:
white interiors

Who makes these? Are they in any way related to the company that does chase cars with white interiors, or wheels/tires, bases? If they aren't, then boy, how original an idea for a chase car.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
all i can say is WOW! i will he hitting up the local Kmarts the next couple of days. i can't wait to get my hands on those eleanors! i am not even a ford guy but still bought all of the first release. i had no idea a second release was even in the works. just when i said i was going to stop buying for awhile for the exception of my top 10 list. it now looks like it is going to be a top 16 list. :eek:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
The 10 spoke wheels were optional. The colors in this series aint doing nothing for me. A red 68 with white stripes and 66 white with blue stripes I would have killed for. These, I'll probably pass unless the colors look much better in person.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Looks like I'll be buying the second series.

Thanks for the pics Joe.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but werent' the HERTZ, which is were the "H" models come in, only available in white/gold, black/gold and a dark green/gold stripe?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
fuddmiester said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but werent' the HERTZ, which is were the "H" models come in, only available in white/gold, black/gold and a dark green/gold stripe?
From what I can remember the red and blue cars only had the side stripes. They did not have the le mans stripes.

I should add, I think they made 50 red and 50 blue cars. I can't remember how many of any other color.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Its great to see more of these on the way. Too bad I never saw any of the first series in my local Kmart. I guess I'll need to hit up another one of the great members here to send me some. I'm not sure I want all of these. I'll definitely be passing on the pink '68. I love these cars, but I wish they would get the Lemans stripes to be a little closer together like the 1:1's

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
fuddmiester said:
"By December 21, Shelby American knew that the first 200 units would be black with gold stripes and that the subsequent 800 units would be built in a variety of Shelby's 1966 color options. What had begun as a longshot sales call evolved into what would become forty-two percent of Shelby American's assembly efforts for 1966. And Shelby GT-350s, unknown to the nation twelve months earlier, suddenly would appear at more than fifty airport rental facilities, Hertz Sports Car Club Centers, coast to coast."

1 - 20 of 61 Posts