Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Awesome pics, I will be on the lookout for that one! I have the plain white version on Ebay right now (Same exact car, just no tampos). I wondered what I was going to replace it with!

For fun, found this quick blurb on the Exact Detail web site under thier version....

"5R103 was purchased by Randy Blessing, Central Forida Racing Team (Lakeland, FL) 6/1/65. Driven by Walt Hane (Maitland, FL) in SAAC National events including Palm Beach during the '65 season. Hane finished 4th at ARRC (Daytona). For the '66 season Blessing let Hane use 5R103 with the understanding that he return int at the end of the season in good condition. Hane and mechanic Webster Benner campaigned the car throughout the southeast, including Palm Beach, finishing 1st in the ARRC (Riverside, CA)."

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
There is also a 1:18 Aston Martin DBR1 (Carroll's winning ride at 1959 LeMans) that's part of the release.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
There is also a 1:18 Aston Martin DBR1 (Carroll's winning ride at 1959 LeMans) that's part of the release.
Really? I just bought the 1:64 peice a few days ago, just waiting on it to arrive. I did not know about it in 1:18, that's cool!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also noticed the 1:18 67' Mustang Eleanor (gray w/black strip) at both my local TRU, was this car part of the release as well? I picked up both the Eleanor and the 66' Shelby. I had to go back a second time, could not buy it the first time the wife was with me. I just could not passed these up and especially both boxes are mint condition, normally I would not buy them if the boxes are damaged or ding.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Really? I just bought the 1:64 peice a few days ago, just waiting on it to arrive. I did not know about it in 1:18, that's cool!
To be honest, the 1:18 looked a little sloppy, so I left it on the shelf. Will definitely pick up the 1:64, though, didn't know they were already out. Where did you find yours?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I bought it as soon as I saw it. It's beautiful and well detailed for the price! Nothing sloppy about it at all!
Could have been just the 2 cars at my TRU - one had horribly missapplied decals, other had bad fitting mechanic seat cover and latches. If I find a better example, it's likely coming home with me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts