Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lots o' pics for your enjoyment! The winning 1959 Aston Martin DBR1 as driven to victory by Carroll Shelby & Roy Salvadori in the 1959 24 Houres of Le Mans.

Yep, I paid to much ($15.00 delivered for a $5 car) but you just don't know how much I love sports racing replicas!

I hope you guys will enjoy and this will help in your own dicession to pick one up!

Ward

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've not been a big fan of most the 64th scale products to come from Shelby Collectibles, but that is one of nicely done piece. I'll deffinately be looking for one of those. Thanks for sharing Ward.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your very welcome. I know this will be so outside the box of Shelby's Cobra and Mustang offerings, that guys would want to see this to know what it even was.

I wish it did not have opening panels, as the doors would look so much cleaner. Also the windshield could then wrap on back to the rear fender wells.

But no complaints, I will be on the lookout for the 1:18 as well!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought this one direct from Shelby but they should be in the stores in the next wave. I here that the 1:18 has allready been seen in TRU!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics Ward! I've been wanting to get 2 of these for a little while now, but it's the cost that has kept me away...

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now THAT is what i'm talking about!! I am on the lookout for that 1:18! Thanks so much for the pic, first time I have seen one of this scale.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I also heard a Cobra Daytona is being issued in 1:64 but cannot find it. Has anyone? And if so, where?
Next wave, I believe. There are some already on e-Bay. Also, there was a limited edition Daytona coupe (300 cars I believe) available at Vegas die-cast convention, in Guardsman Blue with "09" meatball - I picked one up from one of memebers here. Pretty nice model, but lacks love and detail of previous Shelby castings (e.g., Cobra roadster).

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I bought this one direct from Shelby but they should be in the stores in the next wave. I here that the 1:18 has allready been seen in TRU!
Ward - thanks for sharing! Really looking forward to this one, will wait to find them at retail to get the best quality examples, so will have to admire your pics for time being.

What a cool, and unexpected, treat from Shelby!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Your very welcome. I know this will be so outside the box of Shelby's Cobra and Mustang offerings, that guys would want to see this to know what it even was.

I wish it did not have opening panels, as the doors would look so much cleaner. Also the windshield could then wrap on back to the rear fender wells.

But no complaints, I will be on the lookout for the 1:18 as well!
The fact that SC and M2 are the only companies that offer opening panels makes them unique. There are literally dozens of brands that are closed... so, for me, I WANT DIECASTS WITH OPENING PANELS. IT WOULD BE A TRAVESTY if those who only wanted closed models were able to will their wishes on all companies to only offer closed castings... there are several DB1s that are closed... kyosho, matchbox, HW...

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IT WOULD BE A TRAVESTY if those who only wanted closed models were able to will their wishes on all companies to only offer closed castings.
Sheldon, ease up there my friend, we all know how you feel about opening panels. But this is not a political thread, this is not health care debate...you make it sound like opening panels are a government conspiracy in your wording.

Bottom line...some like them (you), some don't (me) and no one really cares.

By the way...wish I could have “willed” my wishes on SC and got this casting with closed doors!;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts