Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you are aware of a new reality series starting either this Wednesday or the next. Well, it's called Toy Hunter. We'll see how that turns out. May be more emphasis on figures rather than die cast. I guess we'll find out.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
The first show was last Wednesday. It comes on at 9:00.
This guy has had a show on before but it wasn't a series. I find it a bit strange that it is on the Travel Channel of all places.
If he does come across any Hot Wheels I would be very curious to see how it is handled.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
I'm anxious to see the die cast collector on Collection Intervention on Syfy.
Okay, so it was pretty disappointing IMO. For one, the guy seemed to be a complete, um, male reproductive organ. And the show focused primarily on his G.I. Joe collection, only giving a few minutes to the die cast and then only really talking about Bruce Pascal paying $70K for the rear loading Beach Bomb prototype.

I will say that the shots they did show of his collection showed some nice redlines. I'm guessing they didn't and won't focus on die cast as the host admitted that she knew very little about it.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I don't totally agree about the guy. I think he was blind-sided at first and protective of what he had - but for good reason. Changes needed to be made but he had a good enough collection you wouldn't want to see anyone coming in and just start shoveling.

I thought it was pretty cool they brought in Joe Kelly and Frank to look at his diecast collection. And watching his wife's reaction when she found out it was actually worth something - and how much - was, as he said, priceless.

Overall, though, it was pretty typical of this type of show.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I just seen his episode yesterday, where he "SUPPOSEDLY" sold a rocket firing Bobba fett for 20k at this year or last years comic con? showed the guy pulling out his credit card and claiming his girlfriend was going to be mad, I think it was just to hype the show... :-/

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
The two episodes last night are the first I've seen. It was entertaining even though no die cast was shown. I was a little surprised at how a good part of what was featured was contemporary (GI Joe Manimals, 7UP Aston Martin, etc.) and the relatively low prices of some of the vintage stuff (Arnold Palmer golf game in the box for $20 :confused:).

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
I saw both shows last night as well.
The prices he buys the toys for are super cheap.
Case in point were the KISS dolls. I'm not sure where he gets his prices from. Even with the bad neck on Gene, all of the dolls had their parts for the outfits and he got them all for $100. Each doll would, in the condition they were in would go for at least $50 each. Mint in the box the set would fetch $250 each.
I've got a set and I've been offered more and I will not part with them. Plus i see where they didn't show them up for auction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts