Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these were mentioned on another thread, but I figured I would separate this since the other thread was more about the 1:350 E. These look like they will be very cool and I need to be sure to get a set. I hope you can get them individually as well as I would like to do a ST:TMP diorama with three D7's.

http://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-amts-miniature-starship-model-kits

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I can't be bothered with these tiny ships. Too small to have any good detail.

Why can't R2 tool up a few new parts to accurize their large K'Tinga?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I can't be bothered with these tiny ships. Too small to have any good detail.

Why can't R2 tool up a few new parts to accurize their large K'Tinga?
They'd REALLY have to work that model over to make it anywhere near accurate, the detailing is so oversized from what it was on the filming model. Polar Lights had a parts breakdown done for a 1/350 K'Tinga...hopefully the 1/350 program will continue and they'll return to the K'Tinga in a few years.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Perhaps, someday, the TOS and E-B will be accurized as well.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
They'd REALLY have to work that model over to make it anywhere near accurate, the detailing is so oversized from what it was on the filming model. Polar Lights had a parts breakdown done for a 1/350 K'Tinga...hopefully the 1/350 program will continue and they'll return to the K'Tinga in a few years.

I don't think that's the case at all. The rear of the ship looks fine and has some nice detailing...it's just the front command, bridge and torpedo part that should be redone and the piece where the neck attaches to the main body (which could do with some windows).

I doubt we'll ever see the 1/350th K'tinga so adding new more accurate parts to the old kit is the next best thing.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Uh-Huh it is!:tongue:
Nunh- uhhh!:p
Well, maybe a little...:cool:
Looking forward to seeing it finished! Will you post some progress shots?
I got this far last month while working on Vipers at the same time & had to postpone both due to new paying projects (assault phaser & LIS Robot)- when I finish it, I'll certainly post it here. This is a pet project I've wanted to do for years- an easy one though, with relatively minimal mods necessary, which is why I tried to quietly slip it in.
Gees, I also have an unfinished PL J2 further back on my burner(s)...:freak:

·
Curmudgeon
6,619 Posts
Ahhh, it's not that bad. I just need some more ultra-fine sandpaper is all.
I swear, I must have gotten the only bad kit out of that run. None, and I mean none of the parts fit the way they should have--the main hull pieces were ridiculously warped, one half of the neck/boom/whateveryoucallit was shorter than the other, the structure on top of the main hull was at least 1/2" too short for the space in which it was supposed to fit, one of the warp nacelles was too short and the other too long (where they attach to the main hull); truly one of the worst kits I've ever purchased. But everyone else seems to have put theirs together with very little difficulty. Just my luck, I s'pose.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
There are those differences, Zombie, especially the warp pylon attachment points. The torpedo tube doesn't span the whole made for it, once glued in place.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,296 Posts
There are those differences, Zombie, especially the warp pylon attachment points. The torpedo tube doesn't span the whole made for it, once glued in place.
Doesn't span the whole what? The whole hole?

:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts