Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing to do but get right back on the Refit horse and get going again. So...here we go. This one will be kept under lock and key at all times. Decided to pay homage to the great Raytheon on this build and emulate as best I could all the great ideas and planning that he put into his. I am by no means going to try to outdo him, but simply try to get as great a result as he did. Here is the first update...

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/zenomorp/Yet%20another%20Refit/

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good luck with this one. After seeing the progress of your last one before your brother destroyed it, I look forward to seeing this one finished.

No offense to you personally, but I'd love to give your brother a beating for what he did to you...sorry....... You should show him all the posts about how everyone feels too.

R

·
0 Posts
zenomorp said:
Nothing to do but get right back on the Refit horse and get going again.
Good man!
So...here we go. This one will be kept under lock and key at all times.
Armed guard just to be on the safe side ? :D
Decided to pay homage to the great Raytheon on this build and emulate as best I could all the great ideas and planning that he put into his.
To quote Kirk "Oh please..." :freak: Great? me? nope, just brave (silly) enough to give summat a try.
I am by no means going to try to outdo him, but simply try to get as great a result as he did.
Try and outdo me and that's a strong suggestion from this end.
I did mine to prove a theory or three and set an "ok this is what can be done" standard for others to improve upon.
Push them boundaries my modeling muckers, if not with this one then the next and so on.

So to you Zeno and others, you all show the skill, strength and determination to pull of some top class stuff.
Let's see the next step up people :thumbsup:

Go easy.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just not my week! I was cutting out the bridge hole on the upper saucer and my x-acto slipped off and I stabbed my left hand DEEP! Just got home from the ER after getting sutured up with 3 stitches. Blade went through the muscle in the webbing between my thumb and fore finger. So, needless to say, no updates for a while.

R

·
0 Posts
Owch !

Well i reckon that complete's the blood, sweat and tear's routine taken care of, should be plain sailing from now on when ya hand heals :)

Just kidding my friend.
If it's anything like when i severed a tendon in my hand some years back, the worst thing for me was not being able to do any serious modeling...unfortunately someone discovered that i could still hold a large paintbrush with the other hand so the house got repainted :D

You take care and go easy now.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ray. I lucked out and just basically bled. What really sucks is that I start my new job tomorrow assembling and building aircraft wire harnesses for Raytheon Aircraft Company. Gonna have a fun time trying to explain what happened and I don't imagine holding cannon plugs while trying to pin them will be an easy task. I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Ouch....Real sorry that happened Zeno. You go easy now :)

Looking very forward to seeing your take on Raytheons method. My next refit will incorporate Rays methods as well.

Take care,

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ClubTepes said:
A little saying come to mind......

Cut towards your buddie, not your body.
Well, in the immortal words of Forrest Gump..."Sh*t Happens." (Ok, paraphrased a bit, but that's what he meant)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well guys, updated the album with a few new pics. I recently went from all the time in the world to NO time. My new job requires me to work 10 hours a day 6 days a week. Hard to drag myself to the desk to do any new build work. Slowly but surely it will get done. As they say, Patience is a virtue. See you all next update.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ok...New parts finally arrived. Still waiting on my PNT decals. I got Don Matthy's 1701-A Hanger Bay and his accurization parts (with much thanks!), and my 200 white, 5mm, 55,000 mcd LEDs and resistors. Now if I can get any free time from work, maybe I can actually do something with them. See you all then!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Good on ya!
I swear by Don's parts. Sometimes I swear AT Don's parts. then I swear at myself and go have a nap.

You're a good man Zeno!

Can I ask where and howmuch the LED's ran you?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For 200 5mm white LEDs and corresponding amount of resistors...ran me exactly $58 from a company in Hong Kong through Ebay. Bought from them before and was very pleased. I could have gone with 200 5mm 11,000 mcd for around $20, but I wanted the brighter 55,000 mcd. Thanks for asking Lou!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Chi Wing LED I believe its called, thats where I ordered mine as well. However I ordered in 100 bulk instead of 200. For 100 I believe it was 13 something with the resistors. So for about 200 It was 26 or so. I think if you order smaller its cheaper. Great job so far by the way Zeno, keep it up.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Guys,
thanks for the info!
will the "corresponding resisters" work in a 12v environment if the LED's are wired parallel?

I prefer 12v. because I also use automobile light kits and they are 12v.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes. They are designed to be run on a 12v system. I use 9v myself so I don't have to run two separate circuits, one for the hull lights and one for DLM's Flasher Board. It has to run on 6-9 volts.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts