Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
No timing is fixed, can is black powder cost with red flames. Some clubs don't allow the Quad magnet 19Turn motor yet. I got one from Stormer Hobbies to test but can't use it, so I use the old Reedy 19 Turn Spec motor vs the Chameleon2.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Timing is adjustable if you cut the tab off the endbell!!!! Some guys around here have them and seem to like them.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
That could be, you got one yet HOOP?? If they are paper weights they will be cool looking ones with the flames and all. And if you got a metal desk they will really hold the papers down!!!!! I would think the Trinity stuff would be better for 19t, quad mag stuff, cause the mags feel way stronger in them than in the Reedy stuff. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I dont own one cory but I played with one all week on the dyno,you will have to cut the timing tab if you want to keep up with an ARCOR type motor.
In my opinion it would have been a good match for the c2 a couple years ago,just a little to little a little to late.

·
Registered
264 Posts
that is the motor they are tuning in the motor tuning contest over at RCCAR.com.

Just waiting for mine to arrive in the mail

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
We aren't tuning the quad mag one for the contest, last I knew anyway. If we are then cool. Where are those motors anyway?? They have $30 of my dollars and I haven't gotten anything yet??

H

·
0 Posts
Motors like batteries the first batches never show ideal results when tested or perform as advertised but as experience and knowledge grows with what works the more potential power we are able to get out of it. Experimenting, trying something different is key a dyno is a tuning and information device the track is the true method. I've had motors that produced all kinds of power on the dyno but lacked the results on the track - had motors that I considered second best go out and break track records. I was more impressed with the Reedy19T spec (old style) on the track than I was with a C2 motor although dyno results favored the C2 motor. Yokomo motors seem to give false results when tested at 4 or 5 volts settings you may have to look closer at the total curve. The ARCOR motors are in another class from the fixed endbell 19T on the dyno but again on the the track they are still close. It ends up being having the best motor and wringing the most power out of it on that occassion.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I've got a new Reedy Quad Magnet 'spec' motor. I've dynoed it, but never ran it on the track due to lack of time. On the dyno I could tell no differance if I put the arm in a Ti can or if I ran it in the Quad can. I've played with the Ti arm in both cans, and the same results on the dyno... virtualy no differance based on wether the can had 2 or 4 magnets in it.

I've played with a Trinity Binary 19 turn motor too... and pretty much the same results with this... virtualy no differance between quad and two magnet setups... I've even got some track time in on the Trinity motors...

Oh... the Trinity based motors seem to put out more power at 4 cell voltages, at least on my dyno. On the track so far my Trinity based stuff is also faster.

I've heard that some Touring car guys are running the New Reedy 19 turn big comm motors with good results...

I've cut the timing tab on my Reedy... At any timing setting. the Reedy big comm armature seems to be lower RPM then the smaller comm arms of either Reedy or Trinity at a simmilar timing setting... So... Fantom dyno users are likely to never seen big numbers comming from their big comm arms... My Robi still shows the arms putting out simmilar power, but there is noticable differances in RPM. (and this seems totaly unrelated to the number of magnets in the can that is used)

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Oh, I should also state that the only Reedy 19 turn 'big' comm arm I own has a Hemi wrap (as do all 'spec' motor arms). So when I compare my Ti based hand wound Mabuchi wraped arm, I'm not really comparing apples to apples, though my understanding is that the Hemi wind would likely be more RPM then a Mabuchi... but I honestly don't have that much experiance with differances between Hemi and Mabuchi...

·
Registered
16 Posts
DynoMoHum said:
Oh, I should also state that the only Reedy 19 turn 'big' comm arm I own has a Hemi wrap (as do all 'spec' motor arms). So when I compare my Ti based hand wound Mabuchi wraped arm, I'm not really comparing apples to apples, though my understanding is that the Hemi wind would likely be more RPM then a Mabuchi... but I honestly don't have that much experiance with differances between Hemi and Mabuchi...
Do you have a sugested Spring brush setup for the Reedy motor (big com version) In a TC

Thanks in advance

1 - 15 of 15 Posts