Hobbyist Forums banner

New racing in Ft. Wayne, IN

24K views 306 replies 23 participants last post by  wallyworld 
#1 ·
A new track is up and running in Ft. Wayne at Summit R/C Raceway. It is a 4 lane Carrera track. Racing on Thursday nights. 1/32 and 1/24 scale. Rubber of silicone tires only... no foams, no traction compounds or additives due to the plastic track. More details as they are available. Keep an eye on the Summit R/C Raceway website for news.
www.fwsarc.8m.com

Discussion starter · #45 ·
This weekend, March 6th and 7th is the Ft. Wayne R/C Model and Hobby Show and swap meet. The show is held at the Memorial Coliseum Expo Center, and includes manufacturers, vendors, hobby shops, displays and individual swap and sell tables. All types of hobbies will be represented, including planes, trains, boats, slot cars, R/C cars and trucks. Summit R/C Raceway will have a display and will also be hosting a truck 'fun run' on the carpet track. They will also have info on the slot car racing at Summit Mondays and Thursdays, as well as examples of the cars. The show opens at 10 AM each day.

Discussion starter · #90 · (Edited)
If you tried to look at the new pictures on the slot car page of the website, and it took a long time to load, check it again. I reduced the size of the stored pictures, so they should load quicker now. If you have any suggestions on the website, just drop me a line. scottaheath@comcast.net or just click on my name up there in the upper left of this post, next to Dilbert. That will give you an option to email me also.

Discussion starter · #128 ·
I finally tracked down the results from Thursday, May 20, and got them posted. I'm a little unsure of what were records and what was not. Looking at the previous week, I wasn't sure I had the records current. Check it out and let me know if there should be corrections to the records.

Thanks.
Scott Heath

Discussion starter · #139 ·
I have posted the results from the Indy Grand Prix F1 race. I also corrected the date from the June 3rd results. Thanks for keeping me on my toes, David. I can always use a good editor.
Maybe it's the F1 cars, but again I noticed that the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams all had faster quick laps than the winning team. The consistency really pays off. Congrats to the winning team of Captain Andy Cartwright, Pete Spangler and Dale Monroe. Also thanks to Nick's Hobby Shop for the gift certificates for the winning team.

Discussion starter · #250 ·
Results from the 16th are now posted. Sorry for the delay. I got the results on tuesday, formatted them for the webpage, and then forgot to actually put them on the page. I realized it Saturday when I posted the R/C results for offroad. Sorry, the results I picked up didn't have the cars listed for each driver this week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.