Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Track would have paved oval,offroad,dirt oval and onroad.
This is all in the very early stage.Looking for some input from racers and find out if there are any racers in the area.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks,Jud

·
Registered
5 Posts
that would be awsome!! what area are you looking at? Irmo chapin side of town would be awsome. The closet track is Sante or something like that other than that track all others are a good hike. Athens, Augusta, Sumter. We had a track for a few months over in Ballentine but for some reason it disappeared litterally. I went by one day to drive the track and it was graded flat and no drivers stand. They didn't advertise that I know of that they were evne there thats probally what hurt them or maybe it were the houses that were less than a 100 yards away.

Chris

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris
Track would be located in gaston county at the old Columbia speedway site.The paved oval would be 400 to 425 run line.

Jud

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've never been to the old speedway but thats ok Another track near columbia would be really cool.
Good luck and I hope it works out. Keep us posted on progress.

Chris

·
Registered
479 Posts
Im packed and ready to go .lol We are from Walterboro.I was at the tc track every weekend when it was in Columbia a few years ago.I am ready for some offroad and onraod definitly.I cant afford those paved oval tires anymore but, i will wearout what i have left..A track located in the Cayce area would be good for me.. :wave:

·
Registered
59 Posts
A track in this area would be great, Gaston may not be the most ideal place for it, but as someone said, it isn't that far.

Also, does anyone know of a good hobby store around here?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chris,
There is a hobby store in Lexington. That is the only one I know of in the Cola area that sells r/c stuff. There are several train stores around if you are intrested in that.
Link to SD raceway in south congree. Have not been to the track but I hear good things. I heard it a fast track.
http://www.sdraceway.com/

and Lexington hobby and motorsports. They are really nice and have a good selection. not the greatest hours but atleast we have a hobby shop again. I end up taking a long lunch from work to go by and pick up parts.
http://lexhobby.com/

Chris

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
That's just way too big! IMO,you need to keep it at 300ft +- 25 ft either way.You're just going to get into the battery thing again,4cell stock and legends,truck etc. would be boring. If you've got that much room,add some banking and make it wide,16-20ft.lanes.possibly a pit road for 1/4 scale racing.

·
Registered
809 Posts
That would be good when I come home since the only real track to race at is in Rock Hill. What ever happen to hobbytown over in Irmo?

·
Registered
5 Posts
rowdyrj said:
What ever happen to hobbytown over in Irmo?
I stopped by there one day and they were gone. I never saw a clearance sale or anything just poof gone. From what i understand the owner lived in spartenburg and he was a big train guy and didn't care about r/c. he wouldn't let the guys running the store stock a bunch of parts because he wanted to concentrate on trains. well the guys running it were big r/c guys. Appearently there was a some conflict in intrest and they just couldn't take it anymore.

Chris

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, the Hobbystop over in Irmo just closed one day out of the blue. I went drove by it on the way to the bookstore and poof, was empty, just like it was never there. The funny thing is the sign out front by the roadside is still there.

Glad to hear that a new store is open and hopefully doing well. I haven't had a chance to get there as I've been doing small things around our new house. I do hope that a nice paved oval does open in the area.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hey, You will get some NC boys there to on the oval. GASCAR is also looking to grow at differant tracks also. I agree with DK. Don't want it to big but you do want banking. Not like BMS banking right DK. LOL

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DK
I figured you had the best batteries.LOL
The paver was met with and track centerline will be 315 to 320 with banking.Track will be 25ft wide with pitroad.
Jud

·
Registered
59 Posts
pepe said:
Jud sounds like about the same size as Carolina? how much banking?
While I haven't visited BMS personally, I have heard guys that have run it that it can be a blast or a nightmare.

13 to 20 degrees would be good, in my opinion, not too much, but at the same time, not over done.

Chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
sounds good....would like to see it a little bigger...I run at Rockhill and love the track,its 400ft. and a very fast track....there's not a problem with runtime there ....if your having runtime problems,it's not your battery,its car setup....if your car effency is right,runtime will not be a problem and my car is a top 3 car every week....Record is 40 laps and I believe @4:01 or 4:02 in 6 cell open spec...at the beginning of the race,lap times are in the 5:7's and if your car is right finish the race around 6.1 to 6.2's...There is no doubt that "The Grove" in Rockhill,S.C. is the nicest and fastest R/C racing facility in S.C. .... I would love to see another super speedway in S.C. and if this is ,going to be as good as Rockhill,count me in,I will be there

Qball

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
McLin
This isnt my track.Just posting this for someone that is real busy.
Im sure once things get going,he will post a date.

Qball
Im sure the track and facilities will be first class and so will the people running it.

Pepe
It would be around the same footage as Easley with more banking.But as with anything nothing is set in stone yet.

Jud

1 - 20 of 32 Posts