Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL i ran out of tamiya basic putty the other day grabbed my tube of bondo and it was no good. went to a local bodyshop supply house and he told me to try a spot putty by PPG called redcap dfl17 spot putty / red oxide and it worked great on a custom car i am doing tryed it out on my recent weird-oh kit over some bad area's lightly sanded with wet 400 then 600 then 800 and i think it is even better than the tamiya here's a look
i will post a pic when it is in primer a 1lb tube cost me $14.99

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wouldn't know but if it is like the cheaper bondo here it is not that good the clerk told me about some 3m putty that does not shrink eaither i think he called it 3m red yellow and blue . dont know the differnce in the 3 colors i will also be trying a product called iceing whice is a 2 part that is better than the eversoft i have been useing we will c good luck

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks! This might help solve my problem as I also am just about out of Tamiya putty to.
Still can't find a answer as to why it's been discontinued here in the US.:(

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I think the Tamiya white putty is their new stuff that replaced the grey "basic putty" but I have not seen or used it.

To be honest, I puttied up the crude-fitting PL Robby the Robot with good old Squadron Green Putty, let it dry overnight, and it sanded out beautifully. It bonded to the plastic, feathered out, didn't chip etc. Not bad for what, $2.99?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts