Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in another forum that afxracing has some new product on their web site. New sets, and especially cool are the white and clear bodies they are starting to have available. Check it out.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
Nice - Amazing that one of the big manufacturers FINALLY listened and has started offering bodies in plain white. Way to go :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Very nice. Had I seen these earlier in the week I would have added them to my order.

Now if they'd start selling bulk pickups for the MG and give up on the silly idea of discontinuing the magnificent and so recently refreshed Super G+ chassis I would give them an A+ rating. They definitely have their act together, but I already miss the SG+ and cannot figure out why they would discontinue one of the best box stock racing chassis ever created. The MG is nice but the SG+ is still the Ferrari V12 of HO box stock slot cars.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Postage?

I ordered some decals and 2 packs of 1/8 9" radius curves. Postage was something like $12.00!

I e-mailed Racemasters asking why such postage on such light weight items? Answer was more or less the automated ordering was charging too much. Shipping came down to $4.00 or $5.00....much more reasonable.

There is no way 4 white bodies would take $11.00 in postage!

Jim Norton
Huntsville, Alabama

·
Registered
554 Posts
afxToo------I've talked with both John Cukras and Steve Russell regarding this situation. It seems that the new Import regulations require a redesign for magnet retainment in all chassis they 've sold. This is an expensive endeavor. They were able to incorporate this change into the 1.5 MG. They feel This car works well enough and has the versitility to replace all others in the line. Time will tell. I'm expecting an improvement over the 1.7. Steve promised replacement Arms and bulk p-u shoes by the end of January.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Another product being regulated out of existence. This is a difficult topic because no matter how much logic you try to apply or how much you look at the numbers relative to other threats to children, the response is grossly out of proportion and trying to deal with it in a sensible way gets you demonized. So you have these poor small business owners tasked with protecting the children of the world from ingesting a traction magnet all the while these same children are subjected to the careless and ignorant people who brought them into the world and are morally, socially, financially, and legally responsible for their well being and safety. Seeing soccer mom cruising down the highway at 85, puffing on a cancer stick in a closed up minivan with a cracked windshield, all while arguing on the cell phone and downing a double stuffed burrito, with rug rats running loose in the back, now that's where the real threat to children exists - stupid parents. It's not like the hobby companies are the ones selling kits for parents to setup meth labs in their kitchens or pot farms in their basements. Those parents seem to be quite capable of managing those endeavors on their own. Just make sure that when the SWAT team kicks in the doors to arrest the green teeth parents they don't find any unrestrained traction magnets laying on the floor under the pile of pit bull poo.

The solution as strange as it sounds may be to make these products that are really adult focused in a way that they cannot be sold to children or considered children s toys. After all, you can still buy Xacto blades, drill bits, and staple gun staples. Maybe it's time to put Joe Camel and Jack Daniels back on the hoods of our slot cars so they cannot be sold to children.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
Another product being regulated out of existence. This is a difficult topic because no matter how much logic you try to apply or how much you look at the numbers relative to other threats to children, the response is grossly out of proportion and trying to deal with it in a sensible way gets you demonized. So you have these poor small business owners tasked with protecting the children of the world from ingesting a traction magnet all the while these same children are subjected to the careless and ignorant people who brought them into the world and are morally, socially, financially, and legally responsible for their well being and safety. Seeing soccer mom cruising down the highway at 85, puffing on a cancer stick in a closed up minivan with a cracked windshield, all while arguing on the cell phone and downing a double stuffed burrito, with rug rats running loose in the back, now that's where the real threat to children exists - stupid parents. It's not like the hobby companies are the ones selling kits for parents to setup meth labs in their kitchens or pot farms in their basements. Those parents seem to be quite capable of managing those endeavors on their own. Just make sure that when the SWAT team kicks in the doors to arrest the green teeth parents they don't find any unrestrained traction magnets laying on the floor under the pile of pit bull poo.

The solution as strange as it sounds may be to make these products that are really adult focused in a way that they cannot be sold to children or considered children s toys. After all, you can still buy Xacto blades, drill bits, and staple gun staples. Maybe it's time to put Joe Camel and Jack Daniels back on the hoods of our slot cars so they cannot be sold to children.
Preach on Brother! Somebody give me an AMEN

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi, Where do you guys see this stuff? What web site? I went on Racemasters and AFXracing and did not see what you are talking about.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm totally on board with the manufacturers offering the unpainted bodies. I bet Pattos decals business is going to expand "just a bit". I've got both clear versions and regular versions of some of these cars. Forgive me for my ignorance, but why should I buy the clear bodies over the white ones? Is it because I can paint them from the inside and they'll have extra depth to the paint? Maybe it's just having the clear windows? I guess you cold do your decalling and then paint and everything could be inside so it doesn't wear. What's the scoop?

Regardless, I'm placing an order soon for some bodies. This is a great move by AFX and hopefully they'll continure this with the F1's and the newer cars they release from here on out. Thanks AFX for listening to us!

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I don't think the inside paint idea would work very well. The variance in body thickness might not yield the results you're looking for. The advantage would be the clear glass provided you can mask it off correctly. It would be easier if the glass was a separate piece, but at least someone is listening to us customizers!!! :woohoo:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts