1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
704 Posts
The pickup will only be in 1:18 scale - bummer, that scale just doesn't bring out the squealing teenage girl in me. :(

Of course neither did the movies! So I wonder just whom the target audience is for Twilight themed diecast?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Of course neither did the movies! So I wonder just whom the target audience is for Twilight themed diecast?

Yeah, this isn't making much sense to me at all. I know Twilight is hot but I really can't see this line selling well. I can't say the Apollo 13 cars make much sense to me either, but they sound like genius ideas in comparison.

I've never seen the movies and can't say I ever plan to but from the pic of that truck, I think it's pretty cool looking.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
I think Greenlight cares little for the relevance of a theme. Instead, they look at what they already have, and ask themselves, "what can we do with this?".

Twilight is undoubtably a hot franchise. I'm just not sure how hot it is with the predominantly male diecast crowd. But I'm sure some will buy these simply because they are movie themed.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,928 Posts
I've unfortunately sat through all four of them with my wife (for reasons KNOWN to MAN :)). And I will say it made the two parodies, Vampires Suck and Breaking Wind (which she sat through with me), that much more humorous. But in no way, shape, or form would I envision die cast vehicles being marketed on the series. Although I will say the truck looks pretty cool. But at 1:18, I have no space for it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah, this isn't making much sense to me at all. I know Twilight is hot but I really can't see this line selling well. I can't say the Apollo 13 cars make much sense to me either, but they sound like genius ideas in comparison.

I've never seen the movies and can't say I ever plan to but from the pic of that truck, I think it's pretty cool looking.
Yeah, Twilight, like Hunger Games, is for young folks. Not much for the diecast enthusiast. But after a little poking around, I've come to see the other side of this argument. There is a market for anything Twilight, Apollo 13, My Favorite Martian, Blues Bros., etc.....pretty much any motion picture. Why? Dunno, not my thing. But it is true. The Simpsons are a good example. I have a friend with a huge collection of their stuff. She has some very cool Simpsons JLs (16 or so) but no interest in diecast. Like her, Twilight fans will buy it because of the association, not because they dig cars. Ya know, collectors are kinda odd.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts