Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was SEVERELY disappointed today in my hunts today!!!

While at a walmart that iI haven't been to in a while, found they had the new release, cool. Went looking through them when I found an empty Camaro Retro Rod Package... at first looked almost factory... then i noticed the big slice right across the front of the package where the car sits. Freakin disturbing that people will do this!!

O yea, and to top it off, went to a Kmart where i saw the EXACT same thing with 2 of the ?2006? Mustang GL's!!! Just empty packages sitting on shelf with big slice in front of package!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Thievery is nothing new. Did you alert a cashier or manager? They will increase security in "hot spots" if they know about the problem and hopefully prevent future slashing tragedies. Or better yet, catch the little b*st*rd.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I hit a WM today, 4 JL's on the pegs by the way, and believe it or not, some jerk pulled the blister back on 4 HW cards, took the cars, and put old castings in them. 97 cent car.
I gave them to the clerk who really couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Sad, but true. I haven't witnessed any such thievery with the new JL's, but I believe it. Sounds like some people need to have their "packaging" sliced open. :mad:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
TheDarkCutlass said:
I was SEVERELY disappointed today in my hunts today!!!

While at a walmart that iI haven't been to in a while, found they had the new release, cool. Went looking through them when I found an empty Camaro Retro Rod Package... at first looked almost factory... then i noticed the big slice right across the front of the package where the car sits. Freakin disturbing that people will do this!!

O yea, and to top it off, went to a Kmart where i saw the EXACT same thing with 2 of the ?2006? Mustang GL's!!! Just empty packages sitting on shelf with big slice in front of package!
Must have been the same person in both cases, same M.O. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I`ve seen quite a few of the pro rods with the big slice taken right out of the front and they just left it hanging.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
The packaging is theft "deterrent", not preventative. :wave: It will deter most people, but there are a bold few who will figure out a way to be scumbags, it's just their nature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts