Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
SkipperC said:
1000 % improvement :thumbsup: After looking at the upcoming releases, it looks like there's going to be several wheel swaps in order.. :cool:
Was it as simple as swapping out the new style wheel/tire combo with the replacement dogdish setup? I bought a recent release of the Escalade with the new style rims and the support hub was much larger so that it would not fit the older style rubber/rims.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought the wheels were the same ones that were on the new Escalade - not so sure now, I can check when I get home tonight, but someone else can probably do it sooner. I do know that the tires on the Super Bee were a bit wider and bigger than the normal car tires. They also seemed a bit thinner between the hub and the ground. I didn't like them at all :(

·
Registered
981 Posts
60sMetal said:
I thought the wheels were the same ones that were on the new Escalade - not so sure now, I can check when I get home tonight, but someone else can probably do it sooner. I do know that the tires on the Super Bee were a bit wider and bigger than the normal car tires. They also seemed a bit thinner between the hub and the ground. I didn't like them at all :(
The set that came on this Superbee sure look like the same exact ones . I came to a quick conclusion that the Escalade swap wasn't easily done ... I think I better check again .. Perhaps I should check the directions on the prescription.. I dunno

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Those are the 'new' wheels also used on the 69 Firebird conv . Both yellow & orange versions . The tires are a lower profile & wider than older JL tires , but the older tires swap the same . The hub diameter is the same . The Escalade probably has a larger truck wheel on it . I swapped my Super Bee with Mopar Road Wheels & the hard tire version with Cragers ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.