Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New one on the way and received today

I am excited :p I bought a new 1:43 on the bay that I have been chasing for some time. Finally someone had a reasonable price :thumbsup: Secret until it gets here and then a picture. I really hope it is as good looking as it looks in the pictures. ;)

I've been impressed with the style of the French Ford Comete' from the early fifties since I first saw pictures a few years ago. When you compare to what Ford or anyone else was selling in America at the time I think it is fabulous.

No name on the model, it came from China and is nicely done but with a plastic base. It is dark blue if the pictures do not show it.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Wow - you're right, that is a beautiful car. Thanks for showing it. I had never heard of it until I saw your photos. Looks like a fine model of a very desirable automobile. Now I want one too!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Loveley model - I've had my eye on this & also the Vedette - things are a bit incesteous in the diecast industry, I've seen it as part of an Altaya partwork series (see altaya.fr), also marketed under the Nostalgie brand. Ultimately, I think it is an Ixo casting.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts