Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at a local Wal-Mart tonight. Found a few Big Time Muscle cars hanging on the pegs. Had never seen these before. At first, I thought they were a new release. But they are older releases :

# 020 '69 CHEVELLE SS

# 023 '67 SHELBY GT-500

# 031 '69 CAMARO

Is JADA re-issuing earlier BTM cars now? If you look closely at the card, there is no wave #, and on the back of the card the vehicles are not listed in numerical order like they usually are.

I hope they are re-issuing some of the older cars. I didn't start collecting BTMs until around # 050 & I missed most of the older releases. These are REALLY nice cars :thumbsup:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I wonder if it is stock that was found in some warehouse or someone returned them.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Congrats! All nice looking cars. I just wish they'd quit putting those wheels on them. They just don't cut it on a true muscle car IMO.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dadvball said:
Congrats! All nice looking cars. I just wish they'd quit putting those wheels on them. They just don't cut it on a true muscle car IMO.
I have to agree with that statement. The Corvette style rally wheels that Jada had used on a few of the '71 Camaros would put this Chevelle over the top. I'd buy everyone out there with OEM rims or the big meats JADA is starting to use now. :)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still abit confused on this release, though. For example, the Cobra 427 S/C & '69 Road Runner weren't released together, but on this card they are? :confused: I must be missing something here.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Very confusing cards there. For example, they have 2 Vettes listed, #22 is from wave 2 and #44 is from wave 4?? And you say there's no wave number? Gotta be a re-issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just think that's to give you a idea of the rest of the car's that are out there. But it is confusing as hell. I do own all the BTM's common release if you wish I'll post the picture just let me know what car's you'll like to see first. Maybe that would help you guy's out.
Example 65 Shelby Cobra there's 6

wave 5 57 and 58

wave 6 71 and 72

wave 10 there also 2 but mine aren't here yet they sold get out to me tomorrow. But, here's the picture's from Jada's site.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Now I'm confused after reading this thread! I found the #25 Camaro last night with chrome rims. I also have the one from the original wave #2 that has black rims. When I saw it on the pegs...I thought there was something different about it. Wonder what the deal is with these? Is the Camaro I found a variation or what you guys are saying...a re-issue? Sorry this is posted 20 days after the last post. Just researching and catching up! :confused:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Guys............

On these "odd" cars your finding...............

Do they happen to say wave 000 on the tag................

Looks like it on the pics.................

If so..............

Word is that they are a "Hall of Fame series" set............

Too bad you opened them.....................

There's been some discussion of this on the JDS board.............

You may find more info there...............

http://p083.ezboard.com/fjoesdiecastshackfrm30.showMessage?topicID=7849.topic

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I have seen a lot of older Jada sets at Wal Mart lately. Picked up an entire Kustoms set from 2005. Pretty cool because I did not have the Lamborghini.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks for the info. I feel like an idiot...I just spent the last 5 minutes looking at the two side by side trying to figure out the wave 000. Then it hit me when I saw it. I will be out looking for any of these. Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
reekman said:
Guys............

On these "odd" cars your finding...............

Do they happen to say wave 000 on the tag................

Looks like it on the pics.................

If so..............

Word is that they are a "Hall of Fame series" set............

Too bad you opened them.....................

There's been some discussion of this on the JDS board.............

You may find more info there...............

http://p083.ezboard.com/fjoesdiecastshackfrm30.showMessage?topicID=7849.topic
Yeah all of these that I've found are the "000" wave. I'm glad I opened them (I open everything). These cars are beautiful. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dadvball said:
I agree totally, Dadvball! Found this one yesterday...

hood, door & deck lid open...

setting on a Ford COE.....

another view....

I wonder if the tires & wheels off the "Mach" will work on this Shelby....

Love them correct tires....

If I could find another one of these.....

so I could take off the tires & wheels & put on this....

Enjoy....thanks for the space!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts