Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a couple that were in the mail today

The Zodiac was obviously "customized" by a kid, but even in this condition they still fetch more than a regular wheels MBX. I don't know if I like that but such is the market.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
There's a delicacy to these old castings I really like, be it Lesney, Fun Ho, Shinsei, etc. Add to that the inherent character of old design vehicles, and the thinner paint used back then that allowed all the casting details to come through. And I think we've taken a couple steps back in some ways when comparing to some more modern diecast.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
There was a Chinese take out joint one town over from where I used to live named Fun Ho.

I always enjoy your posts and the diversity of the stuff you collect.As I said before,I collect the me way.strictly what I like.

Always thought the Fun Ho stuff was kind of interesting.Definetly had its own thing going on.

Great stuff as always.

Fun Ho!!!,!

Mike

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There was a Chinese take out joint one town over from where I used to live named Fun Ho.

I always enjoy your posts and the diversity of the stuff you collect.As I said before,I collect the me way.strictly what I like.

Always thought the Fun Ho stuff was kind of interesting.Definetly had its own thing going on.

Great stuff as always.

Fun Ho!!!,!

Mike
Why thank you. I have decided to collect what I like BUT it has to be "special" too by my standards. Hot Wheels mainlines for example aren't special. Vintage cars are definitely special. Limited editions are usually special but chase cars are too special (bringing out the best in people's character)...

As for the Fun Ho cars, a mate told me today that when he was a kid, they stuck with the shell style all the way throughout the 70's. No windows, no interior. Hard to tell the age that way, unfortunately.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
As for the Fun Ho cars, a mate told me today that when he was a kid, they stuck with the shell style all the way throughout the 70's. No windows, no interior. Hard to tell the age that way, unfortunately.
I guess back then, Fun Ho never would have imagined that in the future anyone would care about some old toy cars enough to try and date them. Like when Mattel made the early Hot Wheels out of cheap pot metal prone to corrosion. Who knew anyone would be looking for those old things 40+ years later?

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess back then, Fun Ho never would have imagined that in the future anyone would care about some old toy cars enough to try and date them. Like when Mattel made the early Hot Wheels out of cheap pot metal prone to corrosion. Who knew anyone would be looking for those old things 40+ years later?
You're right but somehow this makes things more interesting. The hottest and latest TH can't do that, even with the most elaborate spectraflame coating.

Btw, here is a size comparison between the Fun Ho and the Matchbox.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanx for the size comparison, had no idea how small these were!

What about the Merryweather, is that a lot smaller than it's Lesney cousin too?
Sorry, I don't have the Lesney Merryweather. But I have the 4d Dodge Stake truck on hold, buying it next week. Blue stakes, not green. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.