Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the noavk ss10.5 brushless motor be legal for the brl? it is the same as the 4300 but it already has the upgrades that is allowed. :confused:

also, the ss13.5 motor is being upgraded to include the upgraded sintered rotor and ribbed endbells. it is still item #3413 but has the upgrades. will the sinitered rotor and upgraded endbell be allowed in the sportsman stock class now? :confused: :confused:

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
I think the 4300 will be allowed right away. But, the 13.5 probably won't be until next season. I'm sure Sonny will clarify.

I seen a new 13.5 at my LHS today. Looks pretty cool. I've experimented with a sintered rotor in a 13.5. Did'nt see any obvious improvement. There probably is though.

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
I raced with and without the sintered rotor this weekend. A couple of the guys raced all day with them A couple guys raced all day without them.

Definitely cooler temps with the sintered rotor. We are all still playing around with gearing. Most of us were geared 0.2 - 0.25 points higher than usual.
Lap times did not change.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have experimented with the sintered rotor im my 13.5 motor, and I also did not notice a change in lap times, even with gearing changes. But I did notice a 15 to 20 degree difference in motor temp.

~Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts