Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone plan on trying one of these out when they're released. I understand that a 1S Kinetic is coming also.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
When is it comming out?Never any issues with the many GTBs I had if the new one is as dependable and fast as the rest its a no brainer.

Jake

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Anyone plan on trying one of these out when they're released. I understand that a 1S Kinetic is coming also.
All those deep pocket guys on here that you see buying the latest car, battery, motor, etc, etc, etc, etc when it comes out to try it will........and then the following week they'll have them for sale here on Hobbytalk. Happens every time something new comes out........ Buy it, try it for a week or so, sell it. I wish I had money like that to waste. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
it's not big bucks, it's all those 50% deal guys, they try it for a week and seel it for more than they paid, lol
All those deep pocket guys on here that you see buying the latest car, battery, motor, etc, etc, etc, etc when it comes out to try it will........and then the following week they'll have them for sale here on Hobbytalk. Happens every time something new comes out........ Buy it, try it for a week or so, sell it. I wish I had money like that to waste. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I dont have a deal with novak but I will try one. Novak is sitting back watching and I believe it will be another great speedo from them. They are leaders in this industry.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
I don't think that is the intention of most folks but that is ultimately what has happened. There are nowhere near as many shops around anymore as there used to be back in the early 90's. fortunately there are still a few. The track in Easly SC has an outstanding store with all kinds of stuff. I miss browsing around the store and talking with the folks that run them and other patrons in the store.
Yep... All in an effort to destroy the local hobby shops... Cause everyone's doing it... :rolleyes:

·
Delicious Vinyl Graphics
4,284 Posts
I don't think that is the intention of most folks but that is ultimately what has happened. There are nowhere near as many shops around anymore as there used to be back in the early 90's. fortunately there are still a few. The track in Easly SC has an outstanding store with all kinds of stuff. I miss browsing around the store and talking with the folks that run them and other patrons in the store.
While it's not on the subject of the Novak Kinetic (which I'm sure will be a good speed control), there's many more attributing factors than the "sponsored" racer taking down the hobby shops. The low-ball internet sales have driven margins down to hobby shops, etc., etc. (I could go on for awhile) Don't get me wrong- more than one sponsored racer has screwed the industry. But to be on every thread complaining about the sponsored racer taking down the hobby- it's far bigger than that. (for example- why buy a new GTB from a hobby shop when you can buy a remanufactured one direct from the source for $100... That drives the new cost down (no margin), and the used value of it is way below what it's worth) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I will probably try it when the 1s comes out. Been running Novak stuff for years, so i will give it a try.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Let me offer a bit of explanation concerning how our re-manufactured system functions; not so much the remfg procedure itself, but our overall strategy.

It begins with Customer Service. In order to provide customers with fast turn-around time (5-7 shop days) for repairs, we developed our comprehensive, Service Options Replacement program years ago. All NW items returned to us for exchange/upgrade get sent to this dept for remfg; the remfg excess products, not required for service, get put into the store for resale. Selling these excess products in the store (at a higher price than the service exchange) allows us to keep our service prices more affordable for existing Novak customers. We see it as a "win/win/win" program.

The remfg store prices allow Novak customers to purchase spares at an affordable price, with a new 120 day factory warranty; much better than taking a chance on someone's old used junk on E-Bay. People who buy junk on e-Bay are often very unhappy with "Novak", because they can't get this old stuff to work properly.

Currently anyone returning a Velociti/SS Pro motor can replace it for 39.00; or exchange it for one of 22 other V/SS Pro motors for an additional 5.00. No other company offers customers this level of flexibility. Competition in R/C electronics is fierce (as any reader of this forum must realize); therefore, we think it is more important than ever to offer after-market programs that make our customers happy and wanting to buy new Novak products.:hat:

While it's not on the subject of the Novak Kinetic (which I'm sure will be a good speed control), there's many more attributing factors than the "sponsored" racer taking down the hobby shops. The low-ball internet sales have driven margins down to hobby shops, etc., etc. (I could go on for awhile) Don't get me wrong- more than one sponsored racer has screwed the industry. But to be on every thread complaining about the sponsored racer taking down the hobby- it's far bigger than that. (for example- why buy a new GTB from a hobby shop when you can buy a remanufactured one direct from the source for $100... That drives the new cost down (no margin), and the used value of it is way below what it's worth) :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts