Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I visited my area diecast dealer today to get some new 1/18 stuff & he had these JL 6 packs of Muscle cars in interlocking cases on the counter ! New colors ,ID # 55310 . Owner said he didnt know if they were special deal or not . Just ordered them from Ertls new products lists .
Had $15 price on them . All I saw had mushed boxes .. Anyone see them before ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Muscle USA Showcase

All the stores have them now, nobodys buying them, i quess they are kinda expensive, and there is something about the paint job that makes them look bland, that is my opinion, they don't look like the cars that you get in the package, which look like real cars.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look to have the same quality as all other JL's . Just different because no picture card with each car . Most are authentic colors .. At $15 - its less per car than buying 6 new cars induvidually ..... & you get the display cases if you want them .... Ive not seen them anywhere before ....

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Where are you guys finding these ? Have not seen them around here yet .That yellow car looks like another barracuda I'll have to hunt down .Any body know if theres W/Ls mixed in with these?
Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
edseldave said:
I visited my area diecast dealer today to get some new 1/18 stuff & he had these JL 6 packs of Muscle cars in interlocking cases on the counter ! New colors ,ID # 55310 . Owner said he didnt know if they were special deal or not . Just ordered them from Ertls new products lists . www.tystoys.com .
Had $15 price on them . All I saw had mushed boxes .. Anyone see them before ?
Where is this? I am in Milwaukee but try to get Racine once every month or so to hit the HL . . .

'Doba

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
If They continue releasing series like that, it would be good for the Regular Car Collectors - I think its more bang for the buck with the Showcases included :thumbsup: But on the other hand, I can see how it would make the WL Only Collectors upset. WL's would have no single card individuality and would cost them more to acquire. Just think, it might drive some Scalpers out of the game.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Great idea. Who cares if there are no WLs.
6 vehicles and an acrylic case for $15.00.
Sounds like a sweet deal to me. And they appear to be all muscle cars.
Even better IMHO.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
accobra64 said:
Great idea. Who cares if there are no WLs.
6 vehicles and an acrylic case for $15.00.
Sounds like a sweet deal to me. And they appear to be all muscle cars.
Even better IMHO.

Cheers. Cobra
Seems to be a better deal than $7.99 for a $5.99 case with a "free" car!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I saw one of these for the first time at Meijers tonight. IMHO I thought that the quality level was more like the "red card" series rather than what JL is doing now.

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Those do look nice, to me. As far as "Red Card" quality, I think the Red Cards had a lot of fine detail, just lousy rims. Like this...

I love this car! If they had used Cragars on this it would have been perfect.

:)

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
owl said:
Those do look nice, to me. As far as "Red Card" quality, I think the Red Cards had a lot of fine detail, just lousy rims. Like this...

I love this car! If they had used Cragars on this it would have been perfect.

:)
My sentiments exactly!

Still looking for a red card red cobra with orange stripes. :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts