Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would start a thread about these great little speedo's from the UK. Ive been running one for about 2 months now and love it. Ive ran it with everything from 4 cell mod oval to Mod TC and nothing fazes this little unit. You can get more info at www.team-mrt.com

Anyone else here ran one?

EA

·
Registered
842 Posts
Been running one for a few months also. It is no doubt the best speed control I have ever used. They have several features over most speed controls on the market,my favorite ones are the solder posts, 1 piece solid case, and having a turbo off the starting grid the actually works!!!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ACE said:
Been running one for a few months also. It is no doubt the best speed control I have ever used. They have several features over most speed controls on the market,my favorite ones are the solder posts, 1 piece solid case, and having a turbo off the starting grid the actually works!!!
Hey Dusty,

Yea the case is bulit proof. It is actually built like a Personal transponder so if one has to be sent in for warranty repair (which they say they have never had one sent in for repair) they have to basiclly destroy it to get it apart.

The Turbo does work awesome....You should see it in ON-road:thumbsup:

EA

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
jdearhart said:
Are there any US distributors yet?
EAMotorsports will be the US distributors. You should see them in shops for around the same as other top level ESC's in the US.

A spec sheet has been added to My Gallery. Click on the Multimedia pic.

EA

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jdearhart said:
So when are you going to have them and at what cost?
The cost will be in the 160.00 range depending on what Customs tag's them for when they come in. I will have some in about 2 weeks. They are built for me as I order them to my specs. The are building my order now and shipping takes about 3-4 days to get here.

EA

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jbm38 said:
EA,

What will your warranty SOP be for these should they go bad?

Thank You.
I will check on that info and let you know. I have been told that they have never had one come back for a warranty claim though. I do know that all repairs will go through MRT in the UK but they are very fast about it. There could be some sort of exchage program setup also.

I will post here on warranty as soon as I hear something back.

Thanks
EA

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My first order of these should be here next week. I will be placing another order very soon after these get here.

EA

·
Registered
124 Posts
Which one

Hey guys which one of the ESC's are you talking about? They have seven (7) on their home page.

Are you using the connector version or the solder post version. If you are using the connector version do you see any difference in performance?

Do you run the power cap that is shown in the .pdf instruction manual? If so which one?

And I'm guessing everything is the same between all 7 of them performance wize?

1. MX Pro Compeition (Gold Connector Version)
2. MX Pro-SP Competition (Solder Post Version)
3. MX Pro-SP Custom Blue ESC
4. MX Pro-SP Custom "ICE BLUE" ESC
5. MX Pro-SP Custom "Purple" ESC
6. MX Pro-SP Custom "Red" ESC
7. MX Pro-SP Custom "Orange" ESC

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
436 Posts
EAMotorsports said:
Just thought I would start a thread about these great little speedo's from the UK. Ive been running one for about 2 months now and love it. Ive ran it with everything from 4 cell mod oval to Mod TC and nothing fazes this little unit. You can get more info at www.team-mrt.com

Anyone else here ran one?

EA
Erick, is that what you had in at Little Talladega?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rctom243 said:
Hey guys which one of the ESC's are you talking about? They have seven (7) on their home page.

Are you using the connector version or the solder post version. If you are using the connector version do you see any difference in performance?

Do you run the power cap that is shown in the .pdf instruction manual? If so which one?

And I'm guessing everything is the same between all 7 of them performance wize?

1. MX Pro Compeition (Gold Connector Version)
2. MX Pro-SP Competition (Solder Post Version)
3. MX Pro-SP Custom Blue ESC
4. MX Pro-SP Custom "ICE BLUE" ESC
5. MX Pro-SP Custom "Purple" ESC
6. MX Pro-SP Custom "Red" ESC
7. MX Pro-SP Custom "Orange" ESC

Thanks

Tom
We will only be bringing in the Solder post version. Right now I am bringing in a few different colors (thats the only difference between them all) but will probably just go to one single color (probably red) in the near future.

It comes with a small power cap (smallest one on the market that Ive seen) that I use on mine.

EA

1 - 20 of 35 Posts