Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this in todays mail....
...a Cool Postcard...
Could it be an Omen of Good things to come???

Mcdee :thumbsup:

·
Registered
268 Posts
wow. someone should wonder aloud if Phil Kim at Famous Monsters is approving of this.

But I wouldn't be that someone. I'll assume he is aware.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,234 Posts
Never mind the postcards, Monarch, produce a dang model kit!!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I honestly believe Sinbad will be in stores before Christmas. Why? I dont know. But I think it will. Cool postcard by the way.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
So Phil Kim took the magazine over from Ferry? I thought it was defunct. I'm out of the loop....livin in a cave..

·
Registered
268 Posts
Seems pretty unlikely Phil would approve of FM being called "A Monarch Magazine," even in jest.
I only assume Phil gave his blessing because...on the FM website it says:

FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND (words and distinctive lettering design) is a registered trademark of Infringement Media, LLC. Reproduction or use of the FM name or logo in any manner, including but not limited to internet "tribute" sites without express prior written permission from the trademark owner strictly prohibited. All contents of website ©2008 Infringement Media, LLC.

...that would convince me to get proper permission. Although...maybe Monarch owns FM, now, because it says 'copyright (c) Monarch Models Corp.' on the back of the post card.

:confused:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thats a good looking postcard, I am guessing that is the boxart. If it is, it will certainly get some attention for the model on the shelves.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone else get their Monarch postcard yet?
Mcdee

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Got mine!! If Phil has a problem with Scott using the Famous Monsters trade mark that`s between them & not for anyone else to worry about.How many kits out there are unlicensed? Understand my point? These are"FREE". :cool:

·
Registered
268 Posts
no, I don't get your point.

My point was meant as a 'heads-up, friendly warning'. Read the copyright notice...it's very clear. As I said before--if it was cleared, with FM, then there's no issue. But usually there's a "FM...used by permission, etc." note, somewhere on the item. (I don't see it.)

Do I care?--not really...other than when there's no money to produce kits because it's waisted on unnecessary legal affairs that could have been avoided...then I might worry...a bit.

There's already a kit lost/not done, from another model company, because there was no budget left after dealing with lawyers because of a minor copyright dispute.

But really...go for it! BTW--you are using 'A FILMDUDE's' avitar. I guess your lack of respect for using other's 'name brand/trademark & graphic property', for your own use, all makes sence.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
So has anyone here in the States received the Monarch postcard yet? :confused:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts