Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Cool, you are pretty lucky to secure a pre-order. How does it work though? I think some of the cars won't be available until December? Not sure about the Mercedes SL. Haven't come across any pictures of it. I wonder why Minichamp's official site is so slow to update them.

Josh

·
Registered
256 Posts
Cool, you are pretty lucky to secure a pre-order. How does it work though? I think some of the cars won't be available until December? Not sure about the Mercedes SL. Haven't come across any pictures of it. I wonder why Minichamp's official site is so slow to update them.

Josh
I'm really not sure how it will go. I think the release dates are broken down to at least 4. I'll let you guys know if I see another one, hopefully here in the US

·
Registered
683 Posts
You know what... On the Japanese market there are a few other special Minichamps models that's not listed in the regular release, just like that white/red Fiat 500 you've posted in the Norev thread. There's also a blue version, two of the original Fiat 500, and 4 color variants of the Alfa 8C. I'm guessing that MB you saw must be part of 2010's special release. Did you notice any other ones?

Josh

·
Registered
256 Posts
You know what... On the Japanese market there are a few other special Minichamps models that's not listed in the regular release, just like that white/red Fiat 500 you've posted in the Norev thread. There's also a blue version, two of the original Fiat 500, and 4 color variants of the Alfa 8C. I'm guessing that MB you saw must be part of 2010's special release. Did you notice any other ones?

Josh
On the recent preorder, no. I did to get the black 8c coupe, but did not get the white convertible. What other colors were there for the coupe?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Oops, I should have been more specific. For the limited release there's a Alfa 8C coupe in Italian red, and a spider version in metallic red. They are of reversed color when compared to the regular release.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yeah, I saw that too. I'm sure it's a mistake, but I don't understand why they didn't catch it. The web-site must be contracted out and I guess nobody from Minichamps proof read the contents??

·
Registered
428 Posts
The 2008 Bentley Continental GT from the earlier releases is in fact a 2008 Bentley Continental GT Speed.
Update : Confirmed by a representative at Bentley Motors Ltd. UK while attending the 10 NYIAS the 2008 Continental GT Speed is not a Speed but a base CGT!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Found some new pictures, sorry for the poor quality:

1/64 debuts of the following
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster
2007 Bentley Azure
2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur
2007 Jaguar XK Convertible
2008 Jaguar XKR GT3
2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series
2008 AC Schnitzer Mini Cooper S Coupe

DB9, V8 Vantage and Roadster, Azure, Spur. Already have Conti GTC and CGT and will have the Brooklands next week and the DBS shortly afterwards.

Matchbox got honours to the XK. Kyosho got the V8 Vantage, Majorette landed the DB9.

Minichamps is slowly becoming the new King Of Diecast on the lines of detail and has pretty well locked up Bentley, Aston-Martin.

If MC is reading this :

Where is the Vantage Rapide?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Can anybody tell me what is the best source for acquiring these cars?
Many , but not all of the 2010 models will be available from the main sponsor for Diecast Collectibles here at HT . This dealer is apason.com . You will not find better prices for these "lil' beauties" anywhere else! But the new models are not yet issued. The last new model in stock was the Fiat 500 . Expected soon is a restock of the Bentley Brooklands which he has learned is no longer available at the factory or main distribution points. So when they sell out; there apparently will not be anymore! It's a beautiful detailed casting. He who waits will be lost - without one!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I got the Brooklands from Apason and a warning, this is from the final allotment of Glacier White so if you haven't got it your time is running out to remain priced at around $10 as once this round goes the prices will spike.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The last Brooklands models from the factory are now in apason stock at $12 each. But when they sell out, there will be no more from the factory according to the distributor supplying apason. Plus Vadim at apason tells me that the newly announced models of the new Bentleys and all Astons have been delayed for delivery until very late this year.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Good for you, Greg! You won't be disappointed in your purchase. This model is a winner!
And this is from a guy that does no normally collect non American car models!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everybody. I'm new to 4rum and I'm collecting 1/64 models. Today, I got some minichamps 1/64. The thing I want to say is I ordered an black slr roadster but they sent me a black sl65 AMG :-? the sl65 hasn't been on stock yet. :-? I will post pics soon. Do you guys have any idea about this mistake ?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts