Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that is what I was thinking Don.

Looks like you have been whooping on others in Modified... So, one of your quick motors left a vapor trail...at least it didn't set off the fire alarm, eh? Too bad about the loss. You have a spare endbell and springs now, eh?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don, that's bad. Yeah, I would lay odds the magnets are toast. They would work on the fridge but not much else worthwhile. Proformance makes a nice matched magnet setup that FasTrak carries. Their Fast Ones Big Bruiser arms are nice for mod motor tight and twisty tracks where you want a torque monster.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I was looking at this the other day. Is it on par with hpi. Is it just a car to bash around or can it compete. I haven't seen much information on this yet. Has anyone else seen a review for this yet?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you would be better off spending $90 on a Xray than an HPI. Or if you have combined racing for the SC18 and Micro it is hard to beat the durable economical BRP SC18. Not to mention on a good traction surface it can normally dominate over the HPI Micro.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If you ever watched some of our BRP pinball drivers you would soon see how indistructable they are. In three year all I have ever broken was a T-plate.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like Mr. Deutsch pointed out. I have witnessed his grandson punishing one of the BRPs and the car is usually still running after 5 minutes when the race ends. They are very durable. My son manages to find more creative ways and if he doesn't break the servo free from the front mount then he's bending pod plates. There have been changes to strengthen the pod plates as well as to create other parts such as a $3 reinforcing tube for the rear axle and a $6 Nerf bar to help deflect the blows to the rear wheels. Gear mesh can be knocked too tight or too loose. The HPI suffers several weaknesses which most noticeably is in the front steering knuckles and U joints. Several racers broke their chassis in a wreck and it was common to see only 1/2 the starting field finish the main at our club. The BRPs rarely didn't finish despite the ping-pong and smack of lexan and pipes and boards the entire race by the beginner crowd.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Donald Deutsch said:
If you ever watched some of our BRP pinball drivers you would soon see how indistructable they are. In three year all I have ever broken was a T-plate.
Pinball?! Crap.. i was at SoCAL and I got punted like a pinball from behind by a pan car :p~ and nothing broke.. and i must say i GOT PUNTED! I think I flew from the straight away all the way to the fist turn (with a couple cartwheels).

The Pan car scooped me up.. and tossed me like a rag doll :p

BRP's rock. Had that been a micro im sure something woulda snapped :p
hehe.

I

·
0 Posts
I had that happen to me at one point with my micro. I got smacked by a 1/10 and broke all kinds of parts. My BRP, I have yet to break a single part. All that has happened was a bent axle which was easily taken care of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Duratrax makes a good mini with the Vendetta, so maybe the micro is good 2? Does it offer the stress tech warrenty? I've used that on my Vendetta and they had good turnaround time. Until this point, I have not been a fan of Duretrax stuff.

I did the rage system on the latest vendetta mini. It's wild and everything fits, I did a full write up for everyone to see. Check the picture out on the www.mimxra.com message board under the mod section. with the stock gearing I bet 80mph is not out of the question. I should have video soon for this on the site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts