Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm a new member to the board, but I've been watching from afar for years now! My moniker EXJL is exactly that, I'm an ex JL employee, struck down by the corporate takeover. I was the Director of Marketing and Product Development for the last 2 years of PM JL. I had the pleasure of bossing around the legends of JL, Jeff Koch, Art, Tony, Mike G.,even Mac and Al. Though I didn't always agree with some of the comments and suggestions that were put out onto the board, I always liked reading it. I feel I know a lot of you just from reading your comments. I found that you all are very perceptive and passionate about die-cast collecting and I learned a lot from you all on how to make great collectible cars! You always kept us on our toes, the common line around JL was, "make it right or the board will let us have it". Thanks for making my hair gray! I look forward to seeing and meeting many of you at Lightning Fest! :wave:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Welcome and sorry about your job...Good luck finding a new one and fill us in on any inside dope. (if you can)

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Welcome, glad ya will be at the LF. You should have a wealth of info.

·
Registered
723 Posts
sorry about your job too, but you did for a while have the job im sure we all here have dreamed of . i hope you take it with you and who knows?,your own company,build the dicast car you never got a chance to build at jl,well good luck to you.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Porsche911GT3 said:
Welcome! Thanks for all you've done with JL, and good luck in the future!
Be sure to post often! :wave:
Ditto.
Sorry about the Job Loss and Welcome to the Board.
We are a lively bunch at times as I'm sure your well aware of but we are inviting you to become a part of us. So Welcome and Post often.
Richard

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
welcome to the forum and it will be a pleasure to meet you and talk,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
I can't figure out this logic? You worked so hard at JL, toiling over work and aggravation for years and years, Graying your hair do due giving 150% effort to your job. Working so much that you couldn't even find time to join the Hobby Talk Club, Learning every aspect of the company's style, professionalism, and business manners.

What was the reward? New Company takes over and tells you to have a nice life?

Welcome to the Club, I'm sure you will get more respect here than other places, Keep posting, and Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Welcome to the board and hope to say hi at the Fest. Just think now you can tell us what you really think of some of the new and past series.

Thanks for all your hard work.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
:lol:

'Bout time you hop on board. By the way, I had one hell of a day...I worked through lunch so I left 45 minutes early.

Perhaps you know already, but Creepsters are selling well! :thumbsup:

Time for a thread about CCC.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Thank you for joining in here when you finally were able to, and thanks for taking note of what was discussed here when you were in a position of authority. It's a shame that in the merger there was no place for your talents, in RC2's eyes, and I'm sure we all here wish you the best. Once again, we are forced to ask, "was this merger really a good thing for everyone?"... you and the many who fell before you (seems like everyone anyone here ever knew at PM) paid the price for one man's "right" to do what he pleased, regardless of who it hurt.... sad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts