Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Have a question for you concerning a Hot Ones Hot Wheels I bought a while back. I noticed that it has a serial number, I think, on the back of it. It is E03. It's the '84 Hurst Olds car. I also have the 80s Firebirdone, but it has a much bigger number printed on the back with numbers and letters. My question is this: Is the E03 printed on the Hurst Olds card indeed a serial number? And if it is, does that indicate a low production number? Wondering if I have a rarity or something here, or if it has value to collectors. Not really interested in selling it, but I am curious. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Nothing too special. What you've got there sounds like something similar to the base code. Base codes are read as follows:

E = Year manufactured.
03 = Week Manufactured.

Your E03 code means that it was manufactured in the 3rd week of 2012. Base codes first appeared in 2008 which is represented as A.

2008 - A
2009 - B
2010 - C
2011 - D
2012 - E

Just curious, does the code on the card match the code on the bottom of your car?

·
Premium Member
9,265 Posts
Welcome to Hobbytalk.com Dented Fenders. Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, samace22. I have been collecting since I was a tyke, but the only difference now is that I usually don't remove them from the package haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts