Hobbyist Forums banner
101 - 120 of 193 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Well its been a while since I have sat down and been able to build some of the models I have had in storage.

I usually build either cars (I am a gear/petrol head) or Star Trek models (I am also a Trekkie)

I am currently building a 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 to represent my actual project car.

Looking forward to posting on here!

Hello Everyone,

Well its been a while since I have sat down and been able to build some of the models I have had in storage.

I usually build either cars (I am a gear/petrol head) or Star Trek models (I am also a Trekkie)

I am currently building a 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 to represent my actual project car.

Looking forward to posting on here!
Welcome !!! :wave: :wave: :wave: You have definitely come to the right place ! And will be in good company, as there is no shortage of Gear Heads or Trekkies here.

Looking forward to seeing your 68 Firebird build. And wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the real deal as well.

Once again, welcome !

hey guys my name is Brian and im new to modeing and the website. Im 25 years old and always had real cars to play around and work on. However now married with two kids I dont have the toys anymore lol. I started modeing as a way to keep working on cars (just smaller lol).

I also just got out of the army after 5 years so Im interested in maybe doing miltary stuff too.

Im currently building a 1967 chevelle 1/25 scale from revell.

My name is Adam, we manufacture resin model cars.please contact me if you have interests.
Hi Adam,

I got back into modeling a few months ago. I was into it years ago. At 63 and retired now, through a friend it's become a great winter hobby. I decided with all the model cars there is out there to build I wanted my very first car my Dad bought me when I first got my license. The 1963 Oldsmobile Cutlas F-85 but this car doesn't appear to exist. There is the 61, 62 and 64 but no 63 F-85. Can you tell me more about manufacturing resin cars? Thanks for your time!

Rick

Hi y'all,

Rick here. I just got back into car modeling a few months ago. Built a couple cars years ago but got away from it. At 63 and retired now, living 25 minutes northwest of Springfield Ma It's become a great winter pastime and I'm sure I'll want to stick with it during the summer months along with my other hobbies, motorcycling and RC helicopters.

I began working full time out of high school in 1973 trained at doing auto collision repair. After 15 years of working at every aspect of automotive collision rebuilding I moved into insurance for 28 years and finished my working days as a claims appraiser, retiring on May 1st, 2015. Since then my days it seems are busier then when I worked, but I'm not complaining.

The two models built so far is the 1/25 scale 1958 Edsel, one of the few beautiful cars of it's time in my opinion, and the 1/25 scale (little known I think) 1963 Mustang II concept car. I am in the process of finishing a 1/16 scale 1963 split window Corvette. After the Vette I have a 1/6 scale Harley Roadking bike to build that will replicate my bike. From there I'll have to decide which one's next out of some 20 models I've amassed. I think I'm hooked in this stuff!

My one illusive model car, the one that caused me to find Hobby Talk is the 1963 Oldsmobile Cutlass F-85. It was my first car my Dad bought me after getting my license, one I wished I kept. It doesn't appear to exist out there. I've come up with the 61, 62 and 64 F-85 but no 63. I thought I might find it somewhere, that someone might know something about whether it exists. Like the forums I am registered at for RC heli's, Hobby Talk will be a good place for model building. Looking forward to what there is to learn in modeling!

Hey Nade!

Welcome to the boards! I dont know yet who the model car gurus are in this section, but there is a guy over in the diecast section that should be able to tell you if anyone has made a '63 F-85 in any form. Try this thread to see if he has already covered it...

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/17-die-cast-collecting/531241-my-acquisitions.html

... if he hasnt - shot him a PM or just ask in the thread. :cheers2:

Happy posting! :thumbsup:

Hey Nade!

Welcome to the boards! I dont know yet who the model car gurus are in this section, but there is a guy over in the diecast section that should be able to tell you if anyone has made a '63 F-85 in any form. Try this thread to see if he has already covered it...

... if he hasnt - shot him a PM or just ask in the thread. :cheers2:

Happy posting! :thumbsup:
Hey Milton Fox Rackng, thanks very much for your welcome, and the info! I've gotta do a little digging because I didn't get an email notification you replied. Probably in a setting. But I'll check out the thread. Man that'll be great if he's got some info on the car! Thanks again!

Hey guys n gals, I'm Heather

Just got into modeling. A few years ago I attempted a Shelby GT500 model kit and epically failed at it as it was my first attempt at a model. Just recently picked up a metal body kit of one of my favorite cars, a 1971 Mach 1 Mustang and that went a lot better.

Hey Heather!

Welcome to the boards! If you have any questions or need some help with the site functions let KITT or I know. Have fun and happy posting!

MFR

New Member / Thread

Hey guys I’m looking for the cheapest price on “testers” glue (orange tube) ... please help me find a good cheap place to buy! I’m from the Bowling Green , Kentucky ! is Walmart the cheapest or can you find it cheaper on line? I’m an old model freak! Graduate of WKU ART teaching degree! Will probably start selling my thousands of kits in a few years.... plastic freak!

Planet Diecast is dead in the water. Frustrated that I can no longer show off my haphazard collection, or the models I have been building, forums are a rare commodity nowadays.

RVREVO is the handle I have had since 2006, even have it as a personalized rego that have been on at least two of my cars, a Mitsubishi RVR, and a Grandis. Maybe it will be an Evo next.

In case you are scratching your head what it is, its as follows:
Recreational
Vehicle
Runner
Evolution

Usually sign off as Richard K, since entering the interweb in 1998.

I am a prolific writer and poster. Have accrued a bit of a reputation online. Lately not been on for a while due to personal reasons. My world has been tipped upsidedown, but that is a story for another day.

Very much a toycar collector and despite opposition from family this is likely to go on forever.
My other passion is Lego. Wanted to collect all the Technic Lego Supercars and it looks like a Bugatti Chiron is on the horizon, already have the Porsche, and quite a few generations before those.

Was originally with Toy Collector. This changed to Planet Diecast. And it was downhill from there. Frustration that everything is lost.

Got several scale 1/8 models either completed, being build, waiting to start or being heavily modified, and two to be restored and slightly modified.
More on that later.

Kind regards,
Richard k
(From kiwiland)

Sorry about your travails.

We have places for most of your interests here and can start one up for LEGO if you and other members want to do that. VS_ADM has committed to HobbyTalk as part of their automotive related family of web sites and KITT and I have agreed to help in that effort. Since you are interested in Technic Lego Supercars they would fit here for now and we can explore the rest of Lego along the way.

Non-Diecast Type Cars - HobbyTalk

Things do change over time and we cant do anything about that individual, but we can always add more sand to the sandbox, make it bigger or even add a new box here.

Hope to see more posts from you in the future.

MFR-SM

Cheers, there will likely be an influx of collectors like myself coming here... only because i an letting key ppl know, who know other ppl.

If the new owners had looked after Planet Diecast instead of maintaining it, they would not be heamorraging members.

Had a look at Rennlist Forum... one slight problem. Have to be a Porsche owner.
I told them my car had Porsche designed parts, like the crankshaft and the tip-tronic transmission.
There ya go, that's how you can get into that forum.
Also, one of the owners had posted the Pocher Porsche that I bought off him... might have been that

Thanks for the referrels! We can use the additional posta in different member interest areas to attact more people with similiar interests. Most everyone that posts here is focused on Hot Wheels, but a lot of them have diverse or previous interests and collections as well. We also have a good number of lurkers who will at least look at or read whatever does it get posted.

Not sure how the impact is about Planet Diecast as it was also acquired by VerticleScope a few years back. The good part is that they will as you put it maintain the site presence at least so the informatoin will still be there later on.

:cheers2:

101 - 120 of 193 Posts