Hobbyist Forums banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, everyone, I am an inspired person, want to share my hobby with everybody and to know something useful! Good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hullo all!

I used to do some modeling when I was young - some Trek, some Macross, that sort of thing. I was awful at it, though, and most of what I had got trashed over the course of several moves.

These days I do better - I've had a lot of practice with miniatures, mostly pewter castings, and I've recently started expanding into larger kits. I built a nice set of the 'Mecha Collection' Yamato kits for use as game pieces alongside my minis...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello All

I am a cgi modeller but I do enjoy gaining insight and information, I used to go by the user name of Taranis but now it gmd3d my initials and hobby.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm Adam.

Doing duel C57d's (one as if landed and one flying and lit) followed by a 1:350 Classic Enterprise. I am slow at modelling, preferring to take my time and focus on the work as a mental break from, well, work.

I will be doing the smooth saucer on the Enterprise so until that is released, I'll be spending a lot of time on my idea of the correct look and feel for the nacelle lights. I will say that I am not as obsessed with technical detail as I am obsessed with how it looked to me, in my mind's eye. So my finals will likely be somewhere in the middle. I am obsessed with bridging a gap between how it looks(ed) and how it makes (made) me feel. If that makes sense.

This forum seems amazing! And I cannot wait to dive in. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Name's Jeffrey. I've been a member here for 10+ years, but suddenly my profile disappeared...not sure what happened there. But anyway..."Trek" fan since I was a kid, started modeling when I was about 7 or 8. As you might guess from my handle, the refit Enterprise is my favorite ship of the line. I've been living in small apartments, with roommates, for several years, so modeling has kind of been sidelined. I miss it, so I live vicariously through all of y'all's work. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all!

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I'm getting back into model building after a long absence. I'm basically a "newbie" since it's been so long since I've built a model. Last time I did I was 10! 20 years later, I've decided to jump back in! I look forward to seeing and learning a lot, here!

Cheers!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello HT's

59 yo and havent built since i was about 11/12
Back then it was cars but this time im into sci fi/monsters,super heros and spaceships and ufo's:woohoo::woohoo:
I started in March at the incistance of my wife to buy something for my birthday that i want rather than something i needed.
After the aera 51 Bob Lazar Ufo landed i was hooked again.
So lookin forward to hangin out and particitating.

Peace out

·
Super Moderator
24,356 Posts
Welcome to the boards spruslayer! The glue doesnt smell like oranges anymore, but the kits are bettter!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you MFR
Im sure ill be lurking and being amazed at all the great builds here.
This is a switch for me as i was one of those weekend warrior musicans that played local the club/bar bands until the back,sholders,hands couldent take it anymore.
So,now if i can just find a way to retire so i can spend the end years playing with plastic

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new to modeling again

Hi all glad to be aboard. Brand new and starting to model again from a very long hiatus (about 27 years) so I thought I would join and pick all the modeling veterans brains on how to actually make detailed great looking models unlike my ten year old self of long ago

·
Super Moderator
24,356 Posts
Welcome to the boards snaps0351! Looking forward to seeing your new builds. Lots of good things to pick over here at HobbyTalk. You might also venture over to the diecast and slot car boards and check out the custom builds over there - lots of overlap in technique and application, between the 3 sections. :cheers2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member in Indiana

Hi all, my name is Michael and I just recently joined. I am from Indiana, my son and I enjoy the Star Trek kits mostly, but i tinker with others as well, although its been a long time since I have built anything. I currently have 3 kits I am slowly working on...the 1/350 Refit, the 18" Jupiter 2, and the Death dealer kit. My son is working on the 1/350 TOS Enterprise and numerous other kits. :laugh: I got him interested in modeling at a young age and Im glad he has stuck with it, gives him something to keep his mind busy and away from trouble lol.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Hi all, my name is Michael and I just recently joined. I am from Indiana, my son and I enjoy the Star Trek kits mostly, but i tinker with others as well, although its been a long time since I have built anything. I currently have 3 kits I am slowly working on...the 1/350 Refit, the 18" Jupiter 2, and the Death dealer kit. My son is working on the 1/350 TOS Enterprise and numerous other kits. :laugh: I got him interested in modeling at a young age and Im glad he has stuck with it, gives him something to keep his mind busy and away from trouble lol.
Welcome! And it's always exciting to hear about someone from the next generation becoming a modeler.

·
Super Moderator
24,356 Posts
Welcome to the boards Michael and son! :cheers2:

After your 5th post you can start adding photos if you take any to document your current builds for us to watch your progress! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
24,356 Posts
Welcome to the boards Blake! Feel free to jump in with both feet where ever you are interested. You can post links to photos or upload them as attachments now, but hot linking to a hosted photo usually is restricted until your 6th post. :cheers2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to HobbyTalk

Someone told me about this forum, so I thought I'd check it out. I've been collecting models for 40 years (built only a few of them). My interest is aircraft, sci-fi, and some ships. I'm hoping to gain some insights on building them. Currently I'm building the Moebius Models Proteus (it's rekindle my building appetite).

61 - 80 of 83 Posts