Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thought I'd drop a 'hi' in on the newb thread.

I'm not as much of a modeler anymore as a fabricator type. Really, I'm here for the info. This type of forum has a different view then a lot of other forums.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A bit late to the party as I've been a lurker for a while now, but...
Hi!
I'm a science fiction / fantasy builder mostly although there are exceptions. I do most of my work in the winter as summer is taken up with other hobbies. Look forward to seeing all the great work folks are doing on the board over the colder months!
Mike

·
Registered
642 Posts
Howdy folks! I'm Rob, some of you know me from other boards. I've lurked here for a while. I got tired of not being able to see all the pictures so I joined up :)

I've been into the prop hobby and haven't had time to build models, but I hope to do some next year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Greetings Programs!

Long time lurker to the forum so I thought I would finally join! I'm also recognizing names from other boards so I hope you guys don't mind if I join the party :)

Cheers!

Dave C

·
Registered
1 Posts
Introduction

Greetings all,

I am new to the forum but not modeling. I grew up building models, mainly Star Trek and Star Wars. I am also a model railroader.

I am amazed at what has changed in the years I have been out. The large decals the increased details and I like that models are being released again with improvments made to them.

I am just getting back into building sci-fi models and I am looking at taking my work to the next level with adding PE parts and adding lights to them.

I do not post often. I will add pictures now and again and ask questions from time to time but mainly I will read and learn.

Take care,
Christopher

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I used to be a big modeller but drifted away from the hobby about 20 years ago. I have an assortment of old Trek models to finish, and I just bought a PE TOS Enterprise to get back into the hobby. Wish me luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone! I am a 40 year old collector of many, many things, and I am also the Webmaster for Paul King's DefiantModelCreations.com. I have been stopping by here for ages, and decided it was time to finally register!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all!

I started building models at age 7. Back then I built Aurora super heroes mostly and brush painted them. In my teens I got into WWII german military miniatures back when Squadron Shop had an actual store in Michigan and discovered the air brush. I did try to build an Enterprise out of balsa wood with a boy scout knife in seventh grade and have a bad scar on my thumb to remind me. I did a lot of modeling into my thirties, mostly science fiction and then went back to school to become an Architect. I have collected kits sense then, but have built almost nothing. I'm now in my fifties and want to dive in again. I know this site will help.:wave:

Thanks in advance,
Gary

·
Registered
124 Posts
For me I like most models. I used to build as a kid . Turned 16 , Got a car all the fun stuff as a teenager and a man in his 20's . But never stopped collecting models. Love STAR WARS and Battlestar Galactica orginal and new series or anything Sci Fi related. Bought so many models . I sold a lot of them and started getting into more expensive models. I collect Spaceships and things already prebuilt. But Im retired at 50. Now Im trying to get back to building. I live in Saint Petersburg Florida.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hello all im new to these forums but have been lurking for a little while ,
My name is Jeremy , im from clarksburg,wv i mainly build StarTrek Models ,
i look forward to contributeing to these forums and getting to know you all

·
Registered
27 Posts
Greetings everyone. Lots of talented people here! I've been checking the various threads here that would help with my 350 TOS build. Maybe to gain confidence, more than anything! Having grown up on classic Trek, I haven't built a model since the TNG Enterprise in the mid 80s. So when the Round 2 Big E came out I just couldn't resist. Will post the results soon. -Steve

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Having grown up on classic Trek, I haven't built a model since the TNG Enterprise in the mid 80s. So when the Round 2 Big E came out I just couldn't resist. Will post the results soon. -Steve
Looking forward to it Steve!
BTW, do you actually come from Iowa?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. Been around other forums for a while and I see a lot of familiar names here too. Wanted to expand out to other communities as some others seem to be getting too old fashioned and crotchety. Lol. I mainly build sci-fi and aircraft and occasionally ships.

Chris

21 - 40 of 85 Posts