Hobbyist Forums banner

1781 - 1797 of 1797 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Greetings ! I've been on the Die-cast Board for what seems like forever. This my first occasion to post here. Check out the "Chaparral 2H" post. It is highly doubtful this 1/64th'ish model will have any die-cast parts on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello

Interesting site. Been modeling off and on since the Kennedy era. Stopped a
while in 70s to 80s then did a little and stopped in mid 80s then started up
again in 90s till now. I no longer have employment so I have more time on my
hands but less capital. So I have learned the ways of the frugal modeler and
barter system. I mainly do 72nd jets and 48th WWII fighters and an occasional
hot rod or muscle car. -John

·
Registered
1 Posts
PLEASE. I NEED HELP. I AM A NEWBE TO PLASTIC SHIP BUILDING. I HAVE A LINDBERG JOLLY ROGER KIT 70874 1''=11'1'' AND RIGGING DIAGRAM IS NOT REALY CLEAR. LIKE I SAID I AM NEW TO RUNNING RIGGING AND ANY TIPS WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

·
Administrator
25,980 Posts
Welcome to the boards @ECTOGEOS

When ever I did ship rigging in my model building days I would research actual ship images and reference information on them. If you have never done it before - ever - you may want to start with basic sailing rigs and work your way up to more complex sail configurations. (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everybody, I joined a while ago and just started looking around)) I’m a model railroad buff.
I can’t begin to tell you how much money I spent on accessories for my diorama because it is absolutely huge, but I think someone can buy cars for less money. I usually use the styrofoam blocks to make my buildings, bridges, etc.

·
Administrator
25,980 Posts
Welcome to the boards @louis.robins

We have a older model railroading section but few people who post there. Still would like to see photos of your dios though.

We also have a dio modeling section if you would like to post them there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Recently restarted modelling after an approximately 40 yr break.
I recently became disabled and have time on my hands so here I am.
I mainly do plastic kits from my childhood aircraft,armour and diorama’s for them.
I’m no good but am persistent.
hope to see you all in the forums.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys! I just got into modeling. A friend gave me 2 model car kits and I don't know anything about this stuff. So I figured you guys are more or less experts so I thought this was a good place to learn? Best model tool kit to get? Best kind of paint stuff? What do you use for glue? Anything helps! Tips, tricks and anything in between!

·
Administrator
830 Posts
Welcome to HobbyTalk @MrHow !! We have many active model builders who I am sure can help you find the answers you are looking for! Below are the links:

and for model cars:

If you have any question about how to use the site, or need help with it, feel free to ask us!
-K.I.T.T

1781 - 1797 of 1797 Posts