Hobbyist Forums banner

1761 - 1780 of 1786 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody, I just joined this evening. I build mostly aircraft, the stranger the better, submarines & spacecraft. I am a huge Trek fan. I have post over in sy/fly about window treatments if you could help me out.I work as an A/P tech, like F-1, Russian stuff, andI also live close to the USAF Museum so if you need some quick reference info I can probably get some pix for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I'm a returning member. My old account (spideydroogy) got hosed during the takeover of Hobbytalk back a few years ago. Decided just to setup a new account. I'll be lurking around over in the Model area.

Kind Regards,

Mark

·
Super Moderator
23,679 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I'm a returning member. My old account (spideydroogy) got hosed during the takeover of Hobbytalk back a few years ago. Decided just to setup a new account. I'll be lurking around over in the Model area.

Kind Regards,

Mark
We can merge your two accounts into the older one - let us know your preference. :cheers2:

·
Super Moderator
23,679 Posts
New to this forum and somewhat new to moddeling.
Retired and bored. Also unable to do much so.........
Hope to become an active and useful member here.
Welcome to the boards! We have lots of useful members and need a few more active ones as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey, guys! I'm also returning to the forums; I see my last post was in 2013! I was very active in the PLBB, around Lisa Greco's time (and here as well), and I recognize some of the names in the forums still! I'm trying to get back into building my models (and dusting off the old ones), as well as reposting some of my buildups for folks to see (my old webpage vanished when Cox removed webpages, but I still have the files).

I hope someone remembers me!

Larry Samuels

·
Super Moderator
23,679 Posts
Welcome back Mr Samuels!

Any member from the PLBB time with Lisa Greco is a mighty fine member to have back in the fold. Things do change over time and they may not be the good old days from the early frontier days of HobbyTalk, but we are working hard to make it the new great place to be.

I ran across an article about 'the beginnings and how it would not die' which was a really interesting read. If and when you have the time, I would really like to read about your own experiences and time spent here back then.

https://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/13-modeling-forum/568258-epilogue-1-thing-would-not-die.html

Looking foward to the build reposts (you may actually be able to find some of the original threads if you search far enough back, but unfortunately, there are 2 known data lossess I am aware of.) And of course the new projects.

:cheers2:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi!

Hi!

Returning old timer from the PL days.

Been away for a really long time.

Haven't been well, Bypass, etc..

Looking to see if any of the old gang are still here.

Especially Phrank. And Zorro, Spock, and … to many to name.
Hope you are all well.

James

James D. Farrow
Mississauga, Ontario

"No more trains will be sold once the magazine leaves the station"

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome back to the fold! :cheers2:

If you can remember your old avatar we can probably restore it for you - LMK :thumbsup:
I was originally user: JamesDFarrow

Profile is still there but it is associated with a really old e-mail address so
could not reset my login using the Forgot Your Password function.

James

James D. Farrow
Mississauga, Ontario

·
Super Moderator
23,679 Posts
I was originally user: JamesDFarrow

Profile is still there but it is associated with a really old e-mail address so
could not reset my login using the Forgot Your Password function.

James

James D. Farrow
Mississauga, Ontario

Understand, that has happened to alot of previous members here, but it is recoverable. PM me a new email address if you want and we can reset that user name for you to start using again. LMK - MFR

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi guys, some of you may have seen me in the Diecast Forums already, if so, apologies for the repetition.
I used to work for Mettoy on the Rotational Moulding side. I had a model railway at that time, but when I joined British Rail I discovered I'd done many things wrong and ripped it up with the intention of rebuilding it, but better. To tide me over, I built a few Airfix kits - but it didn't stop there. I am now the owner of the Airfix Tribute Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/# and build all sorts.

1761 - 1780 of 1786 Posts