Hobbyist Forums banner

1701 - 1720 of 1791 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whats up everybody!!! Been into Transformers and action figure collecting for years. I randomly picked up a HGBF 1/144 Gundam kit a month ago when i spotted them at a local store. I really enjoyed the whole process and now have a new hobby to add to the list.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lindberg Goofy Klock

Hi everyone, I'm 51,living in Seattle. I've been building models and RCs and collecting wackys and toys and pinball machines my whole life. I just got a Goofy Klock WITHOUT THE MOTOR. I haven't assembled it yet or gone to radio shack to hunt for a motor. Does anyone know what it is or can recommend a motor that will work?? thanks, Chuck

·
Registered
1 Posts
new to forum

Hello everyone my name is nick I'm from queens ny I've been building scale model care since the late 90s. I just got back into it 6 months ago after 6 year layoff .I also collect 1/18 scale diecast cars. Hope to meet some ppl with the same intrests

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Hello everyone!

My name in John and I live in Brazil. Back into modeling after 30+ years.

While deciding which would be my first model I stubled into Trekworks youtube channel. Sooooooo......I decided to really challange myself and build Polar Lights 1/350 Enterprise Refit. Paragrafox Photoetch and DLM goodies and all. If I can do this...well...I WILL do it! LoL

Though about using Trekmodeler lighting. However, as if the Enterprise Refit was not enough of a challange, I am considering doing all the lighting myself!

Wish me good luck, 'cuz I will need it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie here

Hi all i just found this site and think it's awesome!
Thw wealth of knowledge shared is fantastic.

I'm not new to modeling just been away a spell-15-20 years...BUT I'm back!

And - I have question - where can i get plans or pics or guidance on building the
The Shady Rest Hotel and Mr. Drucker's General store?
My goal is to do it in 1/25 scale for my G scale train layout depicting Petticoat Juntion.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Hello all, I am coming back to modeling after being away for 20+ years. Looking to get back into it with a build of the Revell USS Missouri. Anyone have experience with this model? I was thinking about doing some photo etching on it. Any good sources by mail?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi all long time modler

Hi allfrom tennessee i have been working models since i was 12 now i am in my late 30s.My favorite makers is revell monogram.My eyes have goten bad so i only do models by request for birthdays christmas etc.I now teach people how to work models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to forum

I am new to forums. I just started to get back into model car building after years of being away. I'm into making race cars, pick ups, and muscle cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello all

I joined about 3 weeks ago and I'm excited to be among people who love models and toys. My main interest was gundam kits (gunpla) but like many others have been away from building kits in general for many years. I recently started building Ranger spaceship (from movie Interstellar), and now looking into to all space-themed kits both real and fictional. For less than three weeks I have already experienced much encouragements and act of kindness and I look forward to giving back as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Guy needs help!

Hey how is everybody doing?

I need some help with a 1:10 model of a 1966 Ford F100 Pick Up that I am building from scratch. I need the appropriate tires
and I don't know where to look? I figured this might be a good place to find the answer. Anybody got any bright ideas for a dimwit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, As a teenage I use to build model cars a lot. But havent touched one in about 15 years. Recently I have started to get back into it and have decided to give figures I try. Thats why I am here trying to get as much tips and info as I can

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hello all, As a teenage I use to build model cars a lot. But haven't touched one in about 15 years. Recently I have started to get back into it and have decided to give figures I try. That's why I am here trying to get as much tips and info as I can
I'm a figure builder/painter too, and there doesn't seem to be many of us here. Is there anything particular you're into? While I have no particular genre interest and tackle whatever interests me at the moment (some rather off the wall), I do have a preference for size. Although I have a couple 90mm pieces, I normally go after 120mm and bigger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Disassemble 1/25 styrene model car

I'm new to Hobby Talk, so greetings to everyone and thank you for welcoming me. I'm trying to disassemble a model car. It was assembled years ago and the person went heavy on the cement. I'm having difficulty removing the interior tub and clear plastic windshields. Any suggestions on removing these parts without damaging them? I'm sure this question has already been asked, but I'm new to this forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A-10 Warthog

Hi, I'm a new member to Hobby Talk, I want to say hello to everybody and was just wondering, my faverite kit of all times is the Revell A-10 Warthog I would like to know if anybody has a different A-10 Warthog kit that may be interesting to build besides the Revell kit. Thanks, The model guy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Hi I'm Ryan. I have a lot of question.
Keep this in mind that I have sweaty hands.
1. Is there is a sealer for acrylic paint? If so what works? IS there a brush on acrylic paint sealer? IF so what?
2. IS there any paint that will adhere to electrical tape? IF so what?

·
Registered
71 Posts

Hi, I'm Steve and I have recently picked-up model building again after a few decades! Currently, I am building a ST:TOS 1/650 ERTL U.S.S. Enterprise.

I used to be in Dental Laboratory and am used to working on a small scale, but I am looking forward to the interaction with the pros and learning some new trick of the trade!

Thanks!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi I'm Ryan. I have a lot of question.
Keep this in mind that I have sweaty hands.
1. Is there is a sealer for acrylic paint? If so what works? IS there a brush on acrylic paint sealer? IF so what?
2. IS there any paint that will adhere to electrical tape? IF so what?
1. Sure. I don't know what part of the world you call home, but any clear, non-acrylic coating works just fine. I use rust-oleum, but there are plenty of others available. There's Krylon, Testors has a clear lacquer. Get some clear nail polish and spray or brush it on. It really doesn't matter, so long as it's not acrylic. You can then do washes if you need to but those will have to be with acrylics.
The point is, you have to have a non-acrylic sealer between steps so the next layer (washes or more color coats) sits on top of the sealer, and won't eat into the underlying acrylic paint. I do large figures, and I paint an area, seal it, paint another area, seal it, etc, etc, until I'm done, then the whole thing gets a seal coat.
2. In a word, no. Not sure why you'd want to paint electrical tape though. Electrical tape is vinyl. Oil-base paints will never dry, ever. There's some weird chemical reaction that will keep them tacky until well after your grandchildren's grandchildren have one foot in the grave. Acrylics sort of stick to vinyl, but it's a 'sort of'. When I do vinyl figures, they get a good wash, then a coat of primer.
If you're asking because you want to use electrical tape for masking, don't. The adhesive will be a nightmare to remove.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi to all. I like model cars, mostly muscle cars from the 50,60,70 and some hot rods. Fairly new to this so any answers to questions would be appreciated. Thanks

1701 - 1720 of 1791 Posts