Hobbyist Forums banner

New Member Introduction Thread

218K views 2K replies 1K participants last post by  Milton Fox Racing 
#1 ·
We would like to welcome all new members to HobbyTalk. Pull up a chair and look around. You can get lots of help or share your own experiences with everyone here.

Please take the time to make a post a little about yourself so we can all get to know you.

We hope you enjoy your stay at HobbyTalk and come back to visit us again.

#11 ·
#5 ·
Hi everybody, I'm new and just started looking around. Basically interested in Figure kit building from Romeo/Andrea/Pegaso 90mm in metal over Iraq and Afghanistan 1/35 and 120mm to larger scales - less serious kits from Red Sonja to Batman
Right now I'm searching the Verlinden kit 730 SWAT Police 120mm - all best.

#7 ·
Hello Fellow Modelers !! I Found This Site One Night By Accident And It Is A Very Cool Site To Go Through !! I Buy Alot Of Nascar Model Decals, Die Cast And Model Kits .. I Would Like To Find Someone To Maybe Trade Some Decal Sheets And Maybe Some Nascar Plastic Model Kits As Well .. I Have A Few Items That I Would Like To Trade Or Sell.. Monogram - Revell, Amt Model Kits .. Slixx ,jnj And Kit Decals .. Nascar Postcards And A Few Die Cast Cars As Well .. It Is Very Cool To Look At What Other Guys Are Doing .. I Am From Wisconsin.. My Favorite Driver Is Of Course - Matt Kenseth #17.. This Is A Very Cool Site !! Thanks , Cashout654..

#8 ·
A Few Tips That I Have For Better Models And Better Results That Work For Me .. I Do Not Use Model Glue (like Testors Glue).. I Use Super Glue .. Much Better .. I Also Found A Excellent Product That Is Used With The Super Glue .. Super Glue Accelerator !! This Is The Find Of A Lifetime !! Put Your Super Glue On The Part And 1 Little Drop Of The Accelerator And It Is A Instant Bond .. The Second You Touch The 2 Together It Is Bonded .. No More Holding Parts Together And No More Clamps.. Keep Some Finger Nail Polish Remover On Hand To Free Yourself If You Glue Your Fingers Together .. It Will Happen From Time To Time .. Ha Ha .. How Many Times Have You Tried To Glue A Part Together And You Have To Re Glue And Re Glue ?? No More !! It Will Leave A Little Discoloration So You Have To Touch Up The Paint After You Use It .. The Accelerator Is The Best Product I Have Found In A Long Time .. Try It .. These Tips Changed My Modeling Very Much !! I Hope These Help You As Much As They Helped Me .. Cashout654..

#10 ·
A Few Tips That I Have For Better Models And Better Results That Work For Me .. I Do Not Use Model Glue (like Testors Glue).. I Use Super Glue .. Much Better .. I Also Found A Excellent Product That Is Used With The Super Glue .. Super Glue Accelerator !! This Is The Find Of A Lifetime !! Put Your Super Glue On The Part And 1 Little Drop Of The Accelerator And It Is A Instant Bond .. The Second You Touch The 2 Together It Is Bonded .. No More Holding Parts Together And No More Clamps.. Keep Some Finger Nail Polish Remover On Hand To Free Yourself If You Glue Your Fingers Together .. It Will Happen From Time To Time .. Ha Ha .. How Many Times Have You Tried To Glue A Part Together And You Have To Re Glue And Re Glue ?? No More !! It Will Leave A Little Discoloration So You Have To Touch Up The Paint After You Use It .. The Accelerator Is The Best Product I Have Found In A Long Time .. Try It .. These Tips Changed My Modeling Very Much !! I Hope These Help You As Much As They Helped Me .. Cashout654..
We all know what it's like to find that technique that really changes the way you build models. Stick around. Ask questions and you'll discover a lot more neat stuff. Wait until you hear the facts about Future floor polish, Castrol Super Clean and Tenax 7R.

Jim

#13 ·
Hi all!

I joined a while ago and never posted. I figure its about time I get off my lazy rear and start participating!

I live in San Jose, CA, and I build (probably 'collect' is a better term as I haven't built too many of my kits yet...) resin monster kits and styrene monster and sci-fi. I am really enjoying what Moebius and Monarch are putting out :cool:

Kirk

#20 ·
This a good thread- I have not been posting much in the last 6-8 months, but it is great news is hear from so many new modellers here. I keep telling people I see that this is a slowly disappearing hobby, but maybe not. There is hope in each new person the board gets. Welcome to all the new members and any new modellers!! This is a great place for information, skills and techniques. If you don't see what your looking for, just ask. i am sure someone in the bunch can be of help with about anything that you might be building.

#21 ·

Hello Everyone!

Found Hobby Talk while stumbling around on the internet looking for more information on the Flying Sub.

What a great site! I've already read some of the articles & comments . . . makes one wonder how we ever researched before.

Keep on building!

Jim

#22 ·
Welcome to all our newest members!:wave::wave::wave:
I really hope you all make yourselves at home here. There's so many friendly and talented modellers here that you should be able to find out about anything modelling related. :thumbsup:

Chris.:)

#23 · (Edited)
Thanks for Welcoming Count Bradula into your computers

Hi Folks

Im new here and am mostly interested in Kustom Kulture models. Anything Rat Fink, Stanley Mouse, Weird-Ohs and Lindy Loonies!

For the last two years I have been the Weird-Ohs brand manager over at Hawk Models in Cedar Rapids Iowa.

I am currently taking some time off to illustrate a line of Silly Surfers trading cards for Hawk based on the popular model kits from the sixties!

I love anything from Bill Cambell, Ed Roth, Tom Daniel, Von Dutch, George Barris, and the list goes on... you get the idea!

In the next few weeks I am going to be selling some items from my personal collection and will be posting in the selling forums.

I hope to spend more time here as I am an avid collector and love this sorta stuff!!!!

Whether it's Horror/Sci-Fi, Kustom Kulture, Racing, or Super Heroes I have a feeling I'm going to like it here!

Excelsior!

Count Bradula

#29 ·
Moebius LIS Space Pod

What led me to this site was Moebius itself. I got the Lost In Space Space Pod and of course realized the instructions suck. Research on the web let me see that many other people have had the same reaction. Any suggestions or experiences or links are appreciated!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.