Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1753 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Member Introduction Thread

We would like to welcome all new members to HobbyTalk. Pull up a chair and look around. You can get lots of help or share your own experiences with everyone here.

Please take the time to make a post a little about yourself so we can all get to know you.

We hope you enjoy your stay at HobbyTalk and come back to visit us again.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
This is Neal. A '73 Challenger Rallye was my 1:1 until recently when I sold it to pay for expenses my wife and I incurred to adopt our daughter (totally worth it!). I used 72challenger because I went back with the '72 smooth (no extensions) bumpers when restoring. Mopar fan first and foremost, though I have owned Ford ('73 Mustang) and GM ('63 Impala and '72 Cheyenne SWB Fleetside). Love the pro-touring and rat rod looks.

I mostly collect 1:64 Hot Wheels (muscle cars and rods), but have some Matchbox, Jada, and JL and some 1:24 and 1:18 Mopar. I took a break from collecting for a few years, but now I'm back getting a few things. I've never really cared too much for the chase stuff. I found one TH at retail and traded it and also traded for a VW Bus FE and then traded it for muscle cars.

The only customizing I've done are wheel swaps. I put some Jada wheels off cars my brother had on his wedding cake on some HW and Matchbox muscle cars for the pro-touring look. I'll post the pictures when I get a chance.

That's about it. I am currently looking for a HW's yellow '08 Charger SRT-8 Super Bee and a gold '71 Dodge Charger, preferably short-carded (running out of room on my peg board!). I was never able to find them at retail. Thanks.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Welcome Neal,
When I first arrived at this site I collected only JL and Ertl muscle cars.
As the years progressed I found myself collecting diecast from around the world.
Don't be surprised if your collection grows out of control. My diecast collection used to be displayed in one of my rooms. Operations have now expanded to the garage. Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
welcome to the most friendly diecast site online! people respect each other here.
it's also kid friendly, unlike many other sites.

·
Registered
62 Posts
New member here. I am 42 years old, and I have been collecting off and on for about 10 years. I collect MB's HW"S and what ever else catches my fancy. Thanks for letting me join. Ernest

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
This is Neal. A '73 Challenger Rallye was my 1:1 until recently when I sold it to pay for expenses my wife and I incurred to adopt our daughter (totally worth it!). I used 72challenger because I went back with the '72 smooth (no extensions) bumpers when restoring. Mopar fan first and foremost, though I have owned Ford ('73 Mustang) and GM ('63 Impala and '72 Cheyenne SWB Fleetside). Love the pro-touring and rat rod looks.

I mostly collect 1:64 Hot Wheels (muscle cars and rods), but have some Matchbox, Jada, and JL and some 1:24 and 1:18 Mopar. I took a break from collecting for a few years, but now I'm back getting a few things. I've never really cared too much for the chase stuff. I found one TH at retail and traded it and also traded for a VW Bus FE and then traded it for muscle cars.

The only customizing I've done are wheel swaps. I put some Jada wheels off cars my brother had on his wedding cake on some HW and Matchbox muscle cars for the pro-touring look. I'll post the pictures when I get a chance.

That's about it. I am currently looking for a HW's yellow '08 Charger SRT-8 Super Bee and a gold '71 Dodge Charger, preferably short-carded (running out of room on my peg board!). I was never able to find them at retail. Thanks.
Welcome Neal and congrats on the new addition. While I love big and little cars as well, there is nothing greater in life than children.

Please stop by the Custom Board and show us your wheel swaps. Always curious as to what people are working on.

Big into Rat Rods as well myself, wish I had more time to do more rat customs........

MMI

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
I just made my account here. Big racing fan and have a fairly large racing collection too. Nice to be here.
Nismo Welcome - have quite a few vintage racing pieces myself. RCC Legends Series Completion is a goal of mine - all castings.

Thanks for joining!!

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
New member here. I am 42 years old, and I have been collecting off and on for about 10 years. I collect MB's HW"S and what ever else catches my fancy. Thanks for letting me join. Ernest
Ernest -

Welcome - hope you enjoy it here!!

MMI

·
Registered
22 Posts
New to HW collecting

Hey all Just started collecting HW with my son (he plays with them I collect lol) so I basically buy 2 of everything. I started picking up all the cheaper treasure Hunts on Ebay just to get a start on all the Treasure hunt sets from 2000 to present. Also been picking up a few of the different variations of some cars/trucks. Im a noob so any tips would be great.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Hey all Just started collecting HW with my son (he plays with them I collect lol) so I basically buy 2 of everything. I started picking up all the cheaper treasure Hunts on Ebay just to get a start on all the Treasure hunt sets from 2000 to present. Also been picking up a few of the different variations of some cars/trucks. Im a noob so any tips would be great.
Hafa Adai, Chelu915, nice to know there's another Guamanian here. Enjoy this site and let me know if I can help you with anything!

1 - 20 of 1753 Posts