Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I got the new Mattel Hot Wheels Formula Global Set and I had heard these were the same 440x2 chassis that we all know even though the set is battery powered (like the CARS Set ), but they are not exactly. The chassis says 440x2 but the chassis have taller front tires with high stepped pick-up shoes and the spring tension seems very low. I never tried to change the springs out on tycos. So just to let you guys knows the chassis these cars come with have these differences, other that that they are apperently the same, but the Vodaphone and Hp bodies are nice, Jimmy

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, I took a pic of the new high step shoes and a shot of the two noses lined up, the new narrow chassis fronts are the same size as the old wide pans, the pic shows the red car with the new chassis and the white HP car has an older tyco narrow chassis. I was hoping they would be the same narrow chassis as the old, I have taken 440x2 chassis apart before, but never got them back together right, so if anybody wants to get this set hoping they would be "drop on the track" chassis like the old ones they are not. I can work on Aurora cars but not these, so if anybody else is like me, then this set is not for you unless you are only buying it for the bodies. Jimmy

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Pomfish, the set sells for 50 to 60 and the vodafone car is not the same as the one that was released before in an earlier set, it has a different Vodafone side logo. I got it locally at a hobby shop, some sellers on epay have the cars and Tower Hobbies had the set listed...I think. Jimmy

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
They're using the large pickup shoes from the baha trucks, turbo hoppers and turbo trains. I hope some tune up kits with these large shoes come out soon. I need a few pair.

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
ecc, indy cars are for Texans, i broke all my wings, so did my brother, his Marlboro Motta would be nice if it didn't have 6 lbs of super glue holding the back wing on.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
Jimmy49098 said:
Hey all, I got the new Mattel Hot Wheels Formula Global Set and I had heard these were the same 440x2 chassis that we all know even though the set is battery powered (like the CARS Set ), but they are not exactly. The chassis says 440x2 but the chassis have taller front tires with high stepped pick-up shoes and the spring tension seems very low . . .
Why does Mattel insist on screwing around with the Tyco line? :rolleyes: Stick to Barbies & Hot Wheels -- sell the slot car line to someone who will run it right.

'doba

·
Registered
28 Posts
i replaced the large tires off the front with small tires and put on the lower tyco shoes and poly traction mags and car kicks butt

·
Registered
593 Posts
1976Cordoba said:
Why does Mattel insist on screwing around with the Tyco line? :rolleyes: Stick to Barbies & Hot Wheels -- sell the slot car line to someone who will run it right.

'doba
No s**t! At least Mattel finally came out with new F1 liveries. I was begining to think we wold never see anything from them again except harry potter type stuff...

GP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts