Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just finished playing with my newest toys from Castline’s M2 Machines. The new ‘Ground Pounders’ line is M2’s interpretation of stylized licensed high performance cars with massive wheels, awesome paint jobs and incredible quality details. I seriously enjoy collecting the Jada Toys line of 1/64 scale replicas so I couldn’t resist making a comparison of the M2’s G.P.s and Jada 1/64 Diecast line. As far as scale goes they are almost identical in overall dimensions and weight. Both the Jada and M2 G.P.s feature screwed on metal bases and rubber tires.

Where Jada offered complete interiors without an opening engine compartment…G.P.s feature highly detailed motors with an opening hood sans interior /window glass details. The paint and finish details of the G.P.s are as good as it gets and like the rest of the M2 Machine lines comes with an awesome display stand with the name of the model tampo’d on the display base with a simulated aluminum diamond plate top surface.

Two different variations of the 1957 Nomad G.P.s are also available in a larger 1/18...however these highly detailed heavy models have a more of a stylized appearance than the smaller scales.

And keeping on the tradition of M2 lines the Ground Pounders also offer ‘chase’ cars.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Nice wheels and engines.

The 'Cuda looks more like a tooned version though. I've got/had the Killer Fish Jada 'Cuda and think it's more true to form, from what I can make of them here.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Knowing M2's attention to detail, I'd say that the difference in the look of the cars is just due to the difference in model years.

They all look great!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Very nice colors and wheels. Hood fit seems to be an issue with some of these. The Daytona and 'cuda appear to have windows & interior details (old prototypes?)

I'd rather have interiors/windows than opening hoods, if we really have to choose one style or the other. Oh, well, we'll always have to face the realities of affordability.

I guess I'll have to see them IRL before I'll know if they will find a home w me or not. Thanks for the great pics.

I'm still a big fan of Jada, though. Don't know why they can't seem to get anything into the stores lately (lotsa pegs, mostly empty). Maybe some of their best designers left? They seem kind of directionless.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
After seeing a preview and talking with Sean, I do not doubt the quality of the M2 pieces, my disappointment is that LARGE 1/60th scale and the fact that they don't go with the rest of their castings or the rest of my personal collection Sadly......

I thin that is what wore on Jadas sales and sent them into a decline IMHO...

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Cartoonish and blackened windows. For this size scale car I prefer the Jada and 1 Bad Ride cars.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure these will be available at the big box stores soon but they are currently available at your favorite OLDs. I know...I know...these aren't going to be for every collector but I am truly excited the see Castline step-up and take the challenge on introducing new stuff for us. My initial impression when I first saw a few preproduction models was that they looked a little too stylized for my taste…but now with the introduction of the Nomad and Mustang I’m really digging this line and they can only complement my admiration for the other M2 Machines line.

·
Registered
754 Posts
As a Mustang/Shelbyenthusiast I ordered an example of the Mustang, but it looks surprisingly 'off' on proportions and detail compared to other M2 lines. I'm anxious to see it in person. I'm tempted to order both a Jada and M2 '56 F100 to merge the two, same with the pony...

I, too, wonder if this was a good line for M2 to pursue...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hum…just playing with my toys. The BLACKED OUT WINDOWS on the Ground Pounders are NOT PAINTED but are BLACK TINTED PLASTIC INSERTS. Hum…it does suggest the possibilities of different future configurations.

Also…how about a ‘hybrid’? The Ground Pounders’ wheels and tires can be swapped out on the Jada BTM cars. I sort of like this…

1 - 10 of 10 Posts