Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like they are gona do away with the wing and go back to a spoiler what do you guys think of it and will R/C follow there path since they have a COT class

·
R/C Racing Team
55 Posts
I read on www.jayski's.com that NASCAR was talking about going back to the spoiler and doing away with the no bump draft zones and also allowing racing below the yellow line at Daytona & Talladega. I hope they go back to the spoiler, those wings are for Touring cars. Good question though about how that will effect the current R/C COT Class, if NASCAR goes back to the spoiler.

·
R/C Racing Team
55 Posts
Its funny ppl cry about the wing on the COT, yet we have ran a big ugly wing thing on our cars for years. I find it funny when ya start on how ugly the COT wing is!!!!!! LOL

I think the COT body runs great, and I don't need to slam, rake and bake the body to get it to work. Plus I don't need to buy $30 worth of wing stuff to put a HUGE ugly wing on the back to hook it up..........I think all classes should be running the COT body!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The way I look at it is that the "BIG UGLY WING" is a transparent add on component for R/C Racing. I'm talking about the actual basic design of a real NASCAR Cup car with a spoiler vs. a wing.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I was refering to the Actual NASCAR Cup car as was the original poster. The wing just doesent belong in my opinion. In years gone by when a car backed into the wall or damaged the rear deck/spoiler area in many case they were able to hammer down the trunk and spoiler and still have a respectable finish. With The Wing when that areas damaged and the angle of the wing is even minorly affected the car is Junk and wont handle. Reminds me of the CART/IRL cars ...one bump and your days over, not my kind of racing.
As far as RC racing goes, I,m not a fan of the COT body but thats the body I have to race so I race it.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Its funny ppl cry about the wing on the COT, yet we have ran a big ugly wing thing on our cars for years. I find it funny when ya start on how ugly the COT wing is!!!!!! LOL

I think the COT body runs great, and I don't need to slam, rake and bake the body to get it to work. Plus I don't need to buy $30 worth of wing stuff to put a HUGE ugly wing on the back to hook it up..........I think all classes should be running the COT body!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well may be not all "COT" but no wings period and no cutout rear...

setup the cat to run with out either .... would make things interesting IMO...make the driver adjust to the car

·
Registered
8,541 Posts

so your saying if you put a 7.5 in the car you could hang with andy and talbot?

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
well he said the bodies rock and he doesn't have to add rake to make them work...

apples to apples i say

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I'm like most don't care for the wing but its gonna throw a curve ball to the teams that have figured it out I have read what carl said and I would not hope for a 1inch spoiler the car still needs balance from front to back I like my 1/4 scale cars loose but I still want control the one thing I did notice this year from going to cup races and watching on TV is the cars even when bad loose kept going now so when the wing gets switched to spoiler all that changes when they originally tested the COT it was tested with both and the wing performed better I think they will have a problem with the car being more loose with the spoiler its going to be great for the drivers that prefer a loose car its gona be a nightmare for the rest

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
well he said the bodies rock and he doesn't have to add rake to make them work...

apples to apples i say
Even if you had to run it in 7.5 the fast guys would figure it out! Bottom line is they would do the testing to make a show box fast if that was the rules!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
yes very true but if you ran 70 laps with a thd would you go 70 laps with a cot body as well?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
yes very true but if you ran 70 laps with a thd would you go 70 laps with a cot body as well?
At first NO! But I think they would figure it out. give it a 1/2 year. Just like single cell 13.5, it didnt take long before it was fast! comparible to 21.5

So if they had to do it, i beleive they would figure it out. as much as we do to try to limit the fast guys they either get a better Car, ESC, Batt, or Motor. and they always seem to raise the bar above what was every expected.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts