Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 566 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

From the announcements made at the velo this weekend, it looks like Butch and Burkie have decided to make the jump to a new location in New Castle for this coming carpet season!

The track should be about 100'x40' with a 160'-170' runline. It looks like the racers of central Indiana will have a new destination this season! First tone, Sept. 18th.

Good luck everyone!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
New Location

From my conversation with Burke, the new location will be a big improvement. I won't spill the beans but all the racers should like the new atmosphere. Big bonus it is on the ground floor.

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
I hope to be there a few times.............

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Mark Recio said:
First tone, Sept. 4th.

:thumbsup:
YEEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!! Then you guys can take me out for my birthday that is the 5th. That sounds like a great way to kick off the indoor season!!!!!

Brian

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Hey Guys,
There is also going to be a meating between all the carpet tracks in Indiana about a State utilization of class so you will be able to run a class at any track.Gerry Pullum, Butch , Burky and the guys from Fort Wayne will all be there. I don't know when or where but talk to the guys and they will let you know. This class utilization also may help the turnouts at the local tracks, as you know the turnouts were very low last winter.

Jon :)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I would suggest:

4-cell stock pan
4-cell 19t pan
4-cell mod pan
6-cell stock touring (tricky part is saying foam or rubber)
6-cell stock truck (either wenner dude rubber tires or foam tires)
6-cell stock buggy/ gearbox foam
Busch or spec pan I forget what you guys call it.
Legends with the real Legends rules. Only exception I can see is allowing different pinions so you don't have to have a ton of tires around or different sizes.

What does everyone else think?

I almost think that the classes is one of the problems. I can remember a few times at Summit last winter that there was 12 heats and 8 different classes. I know that most sya if there are 3 of soemthing we will run it but then each week there appears to be 3 new cars for there own class. Maybe we can try and fit those cars in better to a set line up and give them a couple of races to make there cars better fit that particular class.

Brian

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
1/12th Mod & 19turn are the only additions (besides novice!). As for the touring cars, it would seem to make more sense to run foams as the vast majority of other tracks in neighboring states run foam tires.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i would like to see a 4-cell spec class usind bsr specn tires, and maybe a spec motor. no hacking of the body. just my two pennies. i would like to see a two wheel drive gearbox class. i got some dirt oval cars that would be fun. :wave:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Mark Recio said:
1/12th Mod & 19turn are the only additions (besides novice!). As for the touring cars, it would seem to make more sense to run foams as the vast majority of other tracks in neighboring states run foam tires.
I can't believe I forgot about 12th. I just added one to my fleet too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Mark Recio said:
Sorry, I already have the only 'hehehehehe' that counts in 1/12th scale. :devil:
Sorry Mark I forgot. I have the only one that counts as "hahahahhaha." And if that one is already taken I'll be at the bar.

And don't worry I already have a room for the Birds. Now that is hehehehehahaha

·
Registered
239 Posts
does anyone know if thet are going to be running any onroad at the new track?

would like to see so onroad action in indy again, hobbytown south has been running parking lot races with about 30 guys turning out. There looks like there is some interest in onroad in Indy?

·
Registered
657 Posts
why is it that the track owners of the surrounding tracks want to get together. i thought the triple crown series was going to happen last year. instead summitt decided to do the whole thing there? now that newcastle will have a bigger track, and it's closer to indy the other tracks want to work together? i don't think any tracks have worked together in indy. i think this is a thing where some other track is scared of loosing people because of newcastle. don't get me wrong i'm super happy for new castle. i can't wait to run on the new track. but i think this little meeting will turn out to be a dud. just my 2 cents. i haven't seen it work yet.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Paul,

You haven't seen it work yet because a meeting to create consistent class rules has never happened in IN. I think the most recent example of this might be a bit before your time. The example of which I'm speaking about is HobbyTown's 'Sportsmen' and New Castle's 'Busch' cars.

As for why the tracks want to get together, wait until there is another dirt oval of any note in IN. You'll want to get together with them too... ;)

1 - 20 of 566 Posts