Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
tycobel said:
Walthers has updated their site with 2 new Nascar's : the #11 Fedex and may be a #16 Ameriquest (new paint scheme for the #16 National guard ?). A Mustang as single item and pictures of their Downtown Drifters. From the pictures of the set, it looks like they got in...JL cars !?! But nice layout for a set.

http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?manu=433&category=Roadracing

And the first picture of the Irwin Fusion.
Actually,I posted some days ago that the lists had changed. Like you, I noticed that pictures had been added today. The Nascars look nice, especially the Dodge ones but why oh why do they not have the bank of generic sponsors on the ''doors'', the cars look bare without them...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Hey all, it looks like the downtown drifters Honda set has turn borders, cool. Turn borders would have made more sense on Auto World sets with the "realistic drift action" as it says on some of their packaging. The cars don't look much like Civic SI's to me, they look like Acuras or Toyotas, but they are definitely working on thier stuff, Jimmy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Montoya,
I agree, I also wish they would do something w/ the head lights. Maybe I should send them a link to Patto's. Like the red and yellow Cat 22. Did you make that one?
Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Montoya1 said:
And the first picture of the Irwin Fusion.
Actually,I posted some days ago that the lists had changed. Like you, I noticed that pictures had been added today. The Nascars look nice, especially the Dodge ones but why oh why do they not have the bank of generic sponsors on the ''doors'', the cars look bare without them...
I agree with you.
These generic sponsor on the sides all together are so unique to Nascar that they give a real cachet to the cars.
On the other side, I think that the ones they used to have as stickers were oversized.

I don't know why they can't put these sponsors (licensing ??) as part of their new way to decorate the cars : most of their bodies now are 1 paint and all the rest are made of stickers though "melted on the body" ? This should be a cost effective solution compared to before or how the way Tyco/Mattel were doing theirs...

BTW I like your custom #22 too !
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
bumpercar88 said:
Montoya,
I agree, I also wish they would do something w/ the head lights. Maybe I should send them a link to Patto's. Like the red and yellow Cat 22. Did you make that one?
Jerry
I had it made for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I mentionned it in my first post, they look like JL cars and they are !!
I suspect they are going to change these going forward as soon as they got the body shape ready.
I remember several years ago when they posted picture of their new Monte-Carlo, they used the Tyco body !?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
tycobel said:
I mentionned it in my first post, they look like JL cars and they are !!
I suspect they are going to change these going forward as soon as they got the body shape ready.
I remember several years ago when they posted picture of their new Monte-Carlo, they used the Tyco body !?
Well spotted.
I like the turn borders though, hope they stay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,553 Posts
Montoya1 said:
You will not believe what the cars on the Honda set box art actually are! (see thumbnail).

If anyone wants to see the whole image PM me....
That is a hoot...
I guess LL cars were not ready for the photoshoot...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is their 2006 body. I slightly revised version of the previous one. Still the less attractive of the 3 Nascar bodies to me...

But nice work on the Honda !
I like this trend of having more modern 'sport' cars (this one, the C6R from AW).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
tycobel said:
Walthers has updated their site with 2 new Nascar's : the #11 Fedex and may be a #16 Ameriquest (new paint scheme for the #16 National guard ?). A Mustang as single item and pictures of their Downtown Drifters. From the pictures of the set, it looks like they got in...JL cars !?! But nice layout for a set.

http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?manu=433&category=Roadracing

Here is a sneak peek at the Fedex car, possibly they have just used a diecast?
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top