Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nice..

Awesome set.. Especially like the bullet holes in the signs and the pink couch. I found something you might be interested in.. 1/64 cars are getting more and more detailed, but they still don't come with side mirrors. With a real steady hand, you can use the photo etched 1/72 airplane mirrors made by Eduard. The part# is EDU72402. Some are suitable for truck mirrors, some for cars. If you can pull off the body, you can even mount them inside for a rearview. Whenever I'm at the flea market, I look for old nail punches. I'll grind them down into different shapes and use them as punches on P.E. sheets like these to reshape the mirrors. For the striking base, I use construction adhesive to glue laminate floor scraps to 2X6 or 2X8 scraps I can screw into an old work table. With something this fine, you need to make sure there's no aftershock vibrations or you can scratch your mirrors. You don't have to use punches, a sharp pair of scissors will work too. There's 60 mirrors on a sheet, 5 different styles. 10 are useable right away for cars, the rest need a little snip, or use them on pickups, vans, and trucks. For $10, it's a great bargain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts