Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
:mad::mad:What is this new packaging? Is this what they have come too in order to drop the price? And the cars are starting to look and feel like....sorry to say....Maisto 59 cent cars....I use to collect JL cars regardless of a WL find, liked putting complete sets together...but I am now stopping with this stuff hanging around; will still look, but only for a WL now...very ver very disappointed with what RC2 has done to this line...am I the only one or are others out there feeling that the product is now inferior...would lke to here other opinions...just saw this "new" stuff tonight...I originally thought that this packaging was for the 40th anniversary only and they would go back to the clam-shell...and the cards are all warpped:confused:...like what the heck !!!....sorry for the rant but needed to vent...:freak:

Regards
Very Disappointed Collector:cry:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
:!!!....sorry for the rant but needed to vent...:freak:

Regards

Tell us how you really feel.:p
Just messin' around, I'm sure many will feel your pain, just had to rib you a bit, try not to let it get to you. From what I understand JL will be back in it's high end production at some point hopefully soon. 40th is the only thing out that is current though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
jl crap

I hear ya G!!! I'll only take WL's and a couple of openers that I like, because with this inferior packaging, they will all open on their own eventually. Wake up learning curve, I can buy hotwheels and matchbox quality anywhere.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
The new stuff sucks the cards the cars :( the J/L line will get ran right in the ground just like they do with all the lines they don't want.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
From what I have seen, the 40th/forever/whatever are selling quite briskly. If the right folks at JL use this fact as a selling point then just maybe RC2 will listen and continue the high line. Maybe I am an eternal optimist but I REALLY want new high end JL and am hoping to see some new stuff this year.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
These are not the only releases from JL, just the Forever 64 line which is the lower end for those that don't want to spend $5 for a car. They are still making the higher end cars with the metal bases and plastic cards. You only have to find them. And if you aren't happy with them, don't buy them; there are other manufacturers out there. I don't like to slam manufacturers to much, so instead of calling names, put out some constructive criticism, tell them what you want and are willing to pay for it.

Besides, if you open the cars who cares about the packaging? Why do you have them in package?

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Like everything, I think there are positives and negatives -

Positive side:
Some new castings that have been in the vault or are new
Some variations that are nice - new paint, etc.
Price point

Negative side:
Plastic bases and tires
Repeating castings three or four series
Not enough of the line converted

I do think they need to step up the releases of the hobby product to maintain the customer base they have lost at the lower price point. Additionally, I don't think a line can sustain itself on just low end castings as the margins are slim at this price point.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
tell them what you want and are willing to pay for it.
Hmm....1972 Challenger! :thumbsup:

But I know JL will never make one, as they had the chance with the "Your Car is the Star" program (cough, cough). So I'll patiently wait for GL or M2 and pay 90 cents less for castings I like with plastic bases and wheels.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
:mad::mad:What is this new packaging? Is this what they have come too in order to drop the price? And the cars are starting to look and feel like....sorry to say....Maisto 59 cent cars....I use to collect JL cars regardless of a WL find, liked putting complete sets together...but I am now stopping with this stuff hanging around; will still look, but only for a WL now...very ver very disappointed with what RC2 has done to this line...am I the only one or are others out there feeling that the product is now inferior...would lke to here other opinions...just saw this "new" stuff tonight...I originally thought that this packaging was for the 40th anniversary only and they would go back to the clam-shell...and the cards are all warpped:confused:...like what the heck !!!....sorry for the rant but needed to vent...:freak:

Regards

I agree with all of this. Right on the money.

For the price, I would rather buy a Hot Wheel car than a JL. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I don't really follow JL anymore, but....there were other releases. I'm sure there will be more. You guys may not like these new cars/cards, but I can't find them on the shelve, when I do there is only 1 or 2 hanging there, who's buying them?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Ok I found 2 more metal based releases from 2009, MC20 and SF25.
Still not much when you consider all the plastic based releases in 2009.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Regards
YOUR GENEROUS.. MAISTO $.59 CENTS CARS ..LOOK THE SAME OF THE REAL TOYS AT .39 CENTS ...OVERALL CHEAP QUALITY!!! FOR .2.96 WHAT UP RC 2

:cry: AM VERY DISAPOINTED COLLECTOR.... COLLECT SINCE THE 70s

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
The new shelf displays I saw in WM don't help the situation either. No support to the card back and double stacking them does not help at all.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
2009 brought in the best casting yet!!!! Offroad scout!

I buy the new line when i find it. Had a hard time finding the green military jeep.....only found one.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
You guys may not like these new cars/cards, but I can't find them on the shelve, when I do there is only 1 or 2 hanging there, who's buying them?
You nailed it Gerald.

I complained a LONG time ago about the new plastic base JLs. I hated them and it had nothing to do with packaging. I open everything regular release I buy and it was the quality and the fact that they don't roll very well if at all.
The initial price point and packaging, to me, put these in the "toy" category right there with HW and MB at 2 times the price,(now 3 times). I thought to myself man, if I was a kid? this would likely be my least favorite car, it doesn't roll! That frustrated me to no end. As time has progressed I have read and posted to many threads on this subject matter. I have heard some other opinions and facts on it, and tried to absorb them. I have now accepted their existence and am at peace again,LOL. If you don't like them, don't buy them, that's what I do. Somebody buys these things cuz they're flying from the pegs, so I am happy to see the JL name on a successful product,and I am patiently waiting for news of any slated new hobby releases in 2010. Racing Legends 2 came out in 09 as did Lightning Rods 3, and there was the series with the Monte and Typhoon strikes.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i approve your text rattlehead ,,i collect jl since the beginning in 94..and no more now !!! i hate the packaging the price and the quality :cry:
i prefer greenlight product :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts