Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw at K Mart and Target.. new 1/64 and 1/24th scale "Initial D" Imports,
not that into video games, but I'm pretty sure these cars are from the game of the same name....

2 interesting fact-oids... there is (finally) a 2nd generation RX-7 in this series (altho it is a right-hand drive, Japanese version) first decently detailed one I have seen. ..also ironic, at the one Target I saw these, slipped over to the clearance section near the videos and found that game "Intial D" for the PC on clearance! (...well, it was down to 13 bucks, from 17... )

picked up the Evo and the RX-7...can takes pics...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Initial D is actually a Japanese Anime Series.
In 41 episodes, Initial D tells the story of a 17-year-old tofu delivery boy named Tak who suddenly finds himself caught up in the heart-stopping world of street racing.

Tak drives an "Eight-Six," a street term for the Toyota Trueno AE86. When chance puts him up against street racing's most notorious driver and he actually wins the race, the lure is too much - he's hooked. Word quickly spreads about the famous "Eight-Six of Mount Akina", and more and more rival racers appear to challenge Tak and his friends in a series of white-knuckle contests

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Only his friends may call him Tak. You may call him Takumi. And the technical term is hachi-roku. Eight-six just sounds so....... wrong. :dude:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
nobueno said:
Initial D is actually a Japanese Anime Series.
In 41 episodes, Initial D tells the story of a 17-year-old tofu delivery boy named Tak who suddenly finds himself caught up in the heart-stopping world of street racing.

Tak drives an "Eight-Six," a street term for the Toyota Trueno AE86. When chance puts him up against street racing's most notorious driver and he actually wins the race, the lure is too much - he's hooked. Word quickly spreads about the famous "Eight-Six of Mount Akina", and more and more rival racers appear to challenge Tak and his friends in a series of white-knuckle contests

LMFAO, a Tofu delivery driver??? Man, I'm sorry, but that background story does nothing for me....LOL, in fact it sounds downright corny :jest: Thank God I never bought into that Jap anime crapola..... :tongue:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
TX Street Racer said:
LMFAO, a Tofu delivery driver??? Man, I'm sorry, but that background story does nothing for me....LOL, in fact it sounds downright corny Thank God I never bought into that Jap anime crapola.....

It's actually much cooler than he makes it sound. Takumi delivers for his father, over the mountain, every morning at 0dark30. Same route every day, rain, dry, or snow. And he has to do it as fast as possible without spilling any liquid from the open-top tofu containers in the back of the car. His dad (a former street racer himself) lets him start this when he is 14 years old. By the time he is 17 he has been mountain racing against the clock every day for over 3 years. At first he doesn't really like driving fast becuase it is just a chore he has to do for his father and it interferes with his sleep. He thinks it's boring. Then he catches on to the sport of it very slowly with the encouragement of his friends. It's much better if you have some appreciation for Japanese culture, but if you like street racing, you'll like these shows.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
TX Street Racer said:
LMFAO, a Tofu delivery driver??? Man, I'm sorry, but that background story does nothing for me....LOL, in fact it sounds downright corny :jest: Thank God I never bought into that Jap anime crapola..... :tongue:
Brother, you need to have an open mind and think outside the box. Life isn't just a straight line and rwd.
The Initial D series is quite interesting. Better than anything I've seen any American cartoon producer put out recently. Good story, exciting racing.

As for the cars, Thanks Jada for having the balls to do something different. I'm buying the 1/24 with figures sets. My favorite is the Skyline R32.

Chris

·
Registered
145 Posts
Initial D has been out for quite some time...as it didn't pick uo for sales but there are a few haning in places...but most have been clearanced...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Im 35 and have been into imports since i was 15. I watch initial D and i love it. I think it is far from crap. I have had a hachi and a silvia/240. I waill own another ae86 as soon as the want to be drifters either wreck them or a new fad comes and they sell them off. Its hard to beat into the head of theold school mucsle car guys that imports have a place to. I have a first gen ser and its quicker then almost anythign The big 3 ever put out in the 60s 70s or now. And it does it with a 2.0L motor and still gets 30mpg.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh yeah, any of you guys really into imports check out my post on the customs part under my first custom. Its a siliva i did a total repaing and wheel swap on. Pretty sweet if i do say so myself.

·
Banned
142 Posts
I have some of these INITIAL D Cars for sale at 1:64 scale, asking $3.00 cdn each but wiling to let them go at a bo. I have the AE86,Yellow RX-7,GTR,EVOIII,Blue Nissan,white rx-7 savana,

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fuddmiester said:
I picked up the white BMW, great looking piece. Why don't they do some Audis & Volvos??
uh... this post was really only about the Japanese anime movie with only Japanese cars from the movie... Initial D... really don't think there was a BMW in the series...

maybe Jada in general would do some other Euros....

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Im "over 40" and pretty much as old school hot rod as you can get but Initial D is pretty cool, great story.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts