Hobbyist Forums banner

New idea for Pegasus' Martian War Machine

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  razorwyre1 
#1 ·
Has anyone here considered to use Pegasus' Martian War Machine to make a model of the alien ground attack machine used by aliens in the movie Robinson Crusoe on Mars?. These were painted white with a belly gun.

What would you use to make the belly gun?

#5 ·
yes it is. I looked over at Federation Models site (Model Kits- Scyhook Models) to see if they had the kit however no luck, the do offer the Martian War Machine.
http://www.federationmodels.com/
Thanks, I got a couple of the Pegasus kits. I'm still open to what to use for the belly gun. I think I can do a fair job of filling in the dorsal hole with putty. Then I'd have two kits the same size.

#8 ·
That's what I was thinking, if you can find one the right size. Not 100 percent accurate, but close enough for horseshoes, as they say.

BTW, in the screencaps above, note how roughly shaped the model is, and the sloppy finish around the circular opening. Unlike the carefully crafted Martian war machines from The War of the Worlds, this must have been a quick-and-dirty job.

#11 ·
The bicycle reflector is a great idea, I'll start looking them over at the stores to see what I can find. I was also thinking of some kind of prism like sticker but don't know where to find those..

For a wood carving of the ship, the resemblance is amazingly close. When I saw this movie for the first time, a modified Martian ship was just what I was thinking to save money on a model/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.