Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are 1/64 scale. They are the same castings they they have release before but this time they put riders on them to make them interesting and much more fun for the kids.
I picked up the tomahawk and dirt bike for my kids. Im not really into bikes either. I would have thought they would have done the Canyon Carver that they just came out with this last case, because that was actually a neat bike.

HW is coming out with some odd ball stuff. Really trying to incorporate technology into their cars and they end up on the clearance shelf.

Video Racer car - Clearance. Was $50 picked up for $25 for birthday gift for buddies kid to mount on his bike to make videos when he rides around
Those Color calrs that you paint with light - clearance now
now they came out with a car that you steer or drive with an IR "gun"
and also a Car that you move around on your iPad that moves the car in an app that you download.
really stretching there..

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
they are 1/64 scale.
I should've known, but there did exist some doubt without a car for comparison, and the rider figures probably threw my perception off, too! If I manage to find the dirt bike, I'll pick it up.

HW is coming out with some odd ball stuff. Really trying to incorporate technology into their cars...a Car that you move around on your iPad that moves the car in an app that you download.
really stretching there..
Agreed. If I want to play with my Hot Wheels--which happens more frequently than one might think--I'll get a track and not an iPad. With a track, my cats can play, too!

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
They are not 1/64th scale... they would be about the size of a nickel if they were! :tongue:

...just say they are in the regular Hot Wheels line... just a pet peave of mine...:rolleyes:
Yeah, the ones I have don't display so well alongside other Hot Wheels. The Parking Enforcement one is every bit as long as my HW 65 GTO.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are not 1/64th scale... they would be about the size of a nickel if they were! :tongue:

...just say they are in the regular Hot Wheels line... just a pet peave of mine...:rolleyes:
I was only quoting the packaging where they state its 1/64. But im sure the scale is not necessarily accurate. As you said.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
But im sure the scale is not necessarily accurate.
A 1:64 scale motorcycle would, indeed, be small, and probably worhtless as a toy. The '07 Silverado, Pocket Bikester, Bronco 4-Wheeler, Dodge Rampage, and '56 Hil-Tail Hauler all carry bikes that are closer to 1:64 scale.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
We all know that the scale isn't accurate, but my sure way of seeing this is by trying to fit one of those motorcycle riders behind the wheel of any Hotwheels car. It just isn't gonna happen---lol

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A 1:64 scale motorcycle would, indeed, be small, and probably worhtless as a toy. The '07 Silverado, Pocket Bikester, Bronco 4-Wheeler, Dodge Rampage, and '56 Hil-Tail Hauler all carry bikes that are closer to 1:64 scale.
Good call. I have one of those Broncos and it makes perfect sense in that light. I honestly have never given a second thought into the accuracy or even the realm of possibility of scales. I just used them as a general guide as to what to expect.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I saw those on the pegs and thought they look better than the other Motorcycles series they had, but at those prices it is a rip off - add a rider and they charge 150% more than a mainline.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts