Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new here and finally found a forum site that talks strictly Jada. :)
I collect mostly Jada, but pick up Muscle Machines and Maisto every so often.

I was wondering if anyone has the same problem as I do here in Syracuse, NY and that is if their local stores carry current waves of the 1/64 scale Jadas fast enough. Around here, we have plenty of Walmarts, 2 Targets, 1 TRU, and about 3 Kmarts, and all of them never seem to have anything current. It takes months after the release of a wave to pop up in these stores! I recently went to 2 WM's, a Target, and the one TRU, and TRU actually had the V-DUbs out, but only had 3 left :cry: , hence, I wasn't able to get all of them.

So I was just wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this?! :confused:

·
Registered
424 Posts
It your the kinda guy that collects the whole set..........

You'll drive yourself nuts trying to find all of them............

They can be found most anywhere online..............

As cheap as $36 for whole set...................

Usually shipping no more than $12..................

A couple of trips around searching and you'll spend that much in gas..............

Not to mention 1/64's are being released to hobby dealers 1 to 3 months ahead of mass merch's...................

But I do understand the thrill of the hunt...............

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Welcome BIGLOU75,
I had the same problem you do. It seemed like my local stores were always at least two months behind in product. When it got to the point where I was not even seeing certain series of cars I decided to start buying mine from on-line dealers. I would have went crazy trying to find all those Jada "For Sale" cars as I have only seen about three of them in stores. One quick telephone order and I got a sealed case of all the cars. Jada also has all that cool stuff like the chrome cars and diorama sets that you just wont see in regular stores.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I buy some die cast toys at the stores that you mentioned in the Syracuse area, when I pass through.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Quantum said:
Same story here on Long Island - I"ve started buying online from Milezone (sponsor, over on the right)
I also am resorting to online dealers - In fact they advertise on this site and are excellent providers!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
reekman said:
But I do understand the thrill of the hunt...............
It ain't about the hunt for me, I just want the darn things. I have thought about buying online, but I'm not a completist and don't want all the cars in the set. Too many, not enough room, and not enough $$. I usually look for one of each paint job.

Which brings me to an idea that I had. I don't know if this is the correct forum to post it, but maybe someone can direct me in the right direction. I was wondering if anyone is looking to split a whole set with me if we purchase a set online. Like I said, I only want one of each that comes in the set. We can work out the shipping somehow. Would anyone be interested? :wave:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
BIGLOU75, Milizones sells Jada cars seperately. The good ones are apt to go quickly but if you check his websites forum he usually gives a heads-up the day before he posts the cars on his site.

As far as splitting sets go I usually only collect one of each casting except I like to also get all the police and race cars which are intermingled in a lot of the sets. If the set does not contain them I would have no problem splitting a set with you. I think your best bet would be to hook up with Russ at Milizones and get the seperate cars from him.

question, if you want one of each paint job wouldn't that be the whole case?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Atencio said:
BIGLOU75, Milizones sells Jada cars seperately. The good ones are apt to go quickly but if you check his websites forum he usually gives a heads-up the day before he posts the cars on his site.

As far as splitting sets go I usually only collect one of each casting except I like to also get all the police and race cars which are intermingled in a lot of the sets. If the set does not contain them I would have no problem splitting a set with you. I think your best bet would be to hook up with Russ at Milizones and get the seperate cars from him.

question, if you want one of each paint job wouldn't that be the whole case?
I meant to say one of each car in the set.

Atencio, I'm like you. I also like to get all the police and race cars if they come in the set. But if you want, we can work something out where you can have them if we split them. If not, that's cool. I might post something in this thread or in the sale and trade section to this matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts